Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I need a sample of a release letter for a beneficiary to sign

I need a sample of a release letter for a beneficiary to sign upon receiving a bequest.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 6 years ago.

Hello, I will be happy to assist you. After receiving your answer, and unless you have need for clarification, your accept (by clicking the green "accept" button) would be appreciated. Although you have made a deposit, I cannot receive credit for my work without your accept.

Look through these surrogate court forms. You will find receipt and release language in a form that also references approval of an accounting. This is for the beneficiary to sign after receiving an accounting and the distribution from the estate to which the beneficiary is entitled.

http://www.nycourts.gov/forms/surrogates/omni/AcctAdm.pdf

I believe I have answered your question. As noted above, please let me know if you need clarification, and if not your accept would be appreciated. If you are a monthly subscriber, you must still click the "accept" button for me to receive credit for my work, but you will not be charged an additional fee.

If you later open a new question and would like my assistance, please begin the question with "To TMcJD...." This will ensure that only I answer the question.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Although you have made a deposit, I cannot receive credit for my work without your accept.

You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say as legal authority and where appropriate for your own protection will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal or other issue arises.