How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Have experienced in the subject matter.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, my mother left her estate to her friend but left me 1.00.

This answer was rated:

Hi, my mother left her estate to her friend but left me 1.00. In the judges chambers her friend stated that I could get her pictures and a lanturn sculpture that I gave my mother for mother's day. Yet, I still have not seen anything or heard anything about what she agreed to part with in front of the judge. I called probate three times concerning this only because the judge said if she did not agree to the judge to let him know. Now, that was over a month ago. What recourse do I have at this point!!!
First, if nothing was in writing or made as part of the Order, the Judge can't force the friend to give you these things. Seems this was just a chambers conversation but none of this was issued in an order. If there is an order, then you can proceed with a contempt motion, otherwise this is an issue to be discussed with her lawyer. The Judge has no power to force this person to give you these things unless the Judge issued an order forcing her to do it.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.


Please Note: is a public forum. is not a law firm. is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm. uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, If someone is under oath in the judge's chambers and they say they are going to follow through on something, If they don't follow through does that mean that person is in comtempt?
No,being under oath means they are not going to lie. They would be in contempt only if the Judge made a Court Order that she is now violating.
Attorney & Mediator and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you