How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CA Lawyer Your Own Question
CA Lawyer
CA Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1655
Experience:  California Attorney
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
CA Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have filed a 13100 affidavit with an attorney that is holding

Customer Question

We have filed a 13100 affidavit with an attorney that is holding my deceased daughter's funds in a trust account that was created to pay a possible judgement, judgement was paid July 7, 2010 and funds that are left belong to the estate. Attorney has been sent 2 affidavits requesting this money. What do we do? my e-mail address is xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  CA Lawyer replied 7 years ago.
There are two basic legal options, other than trying to get the attorney to comply:

1. File a statutory action for claim and delivery under Probate Code Section 13105(b).
2. File a formal probate proceeding to obtain an order that the property be turned over.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if deserved. If you have any related follow up questions or need clarification, just ask!

Remember, this is for entertainment and educational discussion only and is not intended as legal advice and that no attorney client relationship is formed.
CA Lawyer and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Estate Law Questions