Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Worried that my moms boyfriend(of 30+ years) and daughter…

Customer Question
Worried that my moms' boyfriend(of...
Worried that my moms' boyfriend(of 30+ years) and daughter are positioning themselves to steal her estate via a trust. The daughter lied to my brother saying she was getting medical POA for her dad 18 months before my mother passed(9/18/09). The daughter sent a copy of the trust and other documents to my brother who did not look at them until after my mother had passed.It shows she has Durable POA and and is the agent of the trust. My mother having dementia and Alzheimers signed papers she herself did not procure or understand. The documents were from the county where the daughter lives and the county scratched out and the county where mom lived written in by hand. 6 months after her death we asked what was being done about the trust and to have all documents sent to us. Her attorney said we have all the documents but left these 2 out as well as other parts of the trust. What do we do now?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/30/2010
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. What precisely can I answer for you?