Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

The Banks rep. is acting as though if I do not give them my…

Customer Question
The Banks rep. is acting...
The Banks rep. is acting as though if I do not give them my lease I can not stay.Do I have a choice?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Estate Lawyer: Daniel P., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Daniel P.
Daniel P., Attorney

Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will work diligently and quickly to answer your questions. I look forward to assisting you.

If they are requesting it then provide them with a copy of the lease. May I ask why they are demanding that you move out? Has the house gone through foreclosure?

Yes , My land lord lost the home to foreclosure. I am sorry, I didnt realize I failed to mention that.
No problem. Yes, they will require a lease agreement to make sure that the lease does not terminate prior to your 90 days and to make sure that you have a right to remain on the property. I would also use the June date for the 90 day notice. Also, try to talk to a bank representative, if you do not want to move. Many times they rather have a tenant in the home paying for the utilities and maintaining it instead of having the house sit empty.
Daniel P.
Daniel P., Attorney
Thank You so much . You have been a great help!!!!
My pleasure. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask for me by name. Thank you!