Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

Ellen, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
My mother passed away in February of this year, and my
Barrister, Attorney
My mother passed away in February of this year, and my father recently received the money from a life insurance policy that she had. Out of that policy account he cut me a check for $75k to use to pur… read more
Mother has a revocable living trust and the trust is the
Richard, Owner
Mother has a revocable living trust and the trust is the beneficiary of her life insurance proceeds. Should the trust remain the beneficiary or should the beneficiaries be the 4 children who are the b… read more
My father has Alzheimer's and my step-mother has durable
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My father has Alzheimer's and my step-mother has durable power of attorney for him. We now need to put both of them into assistant living. I need to deal with their financial situation, can she give m… read more
my father passed away recently. there is no will. he has a
Barrister, Attorney
my father passed away recently. there is no will. he has a deceased wife and recently re-married prior to his death. it was revealed to us during the making of final arrangements at funeral home, that… read more
My father passed away recently leaving a small life insurance
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
My father passed away recently leaving a small life insurance policy to pay for his final expenses. On the beneficiary form for the policy it says see attached form and there is no attached form. As a… read more
My mother died in November 2012. She owes $1600 in federal
Barrister, Attorney
My mother died in November 2012. She owes $1600 in federal income tax for 2012; however, I don't have the money to pay it. Her estate included only non-probate assets: small amounts in joint checking … read more
My father passed away on March 22, 2012. He lived with my
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My father passed away on March 22, 2012. He lived with my husband and my family here at our home for almost 3 yrs. My Mom passed away on March 12, 2009. I haven't filled my Dad's life insurance yet. I… read more
My father is in the end stages of huntingtons disease, which
Ellen, Attorney
My father is in the end stages of huntington's disease, which has left him incapacitated and unable to communicate verbally or in writing. Currently, my mother is the beneficiary for his term life ins… read more
My Son 32 years of age passed away from Leukemia this week
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My Son 32 years of age passed away from Leukemia this week after a long stay in the Hospital. His Company tells me they cannot find any documentation yet naming me , his Father or his Mother as the Be… read more
Im trying to convince my dad who is dying soon to let his
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
I'm trying to convince my dad who is dying soon to let his house go back to the bank. He owes more than it's worth and doesn't have enough life insurance to pay the balance upon his death....my questi… read more
My father-in-law died four years ago. He thought he had changed
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My father-in-law died four years ago. He thought he had changed the beneficiaries of his small life insurance policy to his two children. After his death, we learned that the beneficiary was still his… read more
My Father passed away in Feb. When his ex-wife found out he
Loren, estate lawyer
My Father passed away in Feb. When his ex-wife found out he was terminal she came back into his life and managed to convince him to sign over all of his property to her. He did this 2 days before he d… read more
In Missouri, My mother recently passed (11/09) She has no estate,
Ellen, Attorney
In Missouri, My mother recently passed (11/09) She has no estate, no money, a very small life insurance policy. I paid for the funeral expense out of pocket. Regarding the insurance payout. There are … read more
My father recently passed away. He had not been working for
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My father recently passed away. He had not been working for many years but before was a postal worker for several years. My father has been divorced from my mother for 15 years. I am his only son and … read more
Would any of his family be responsible for his debts, except,
GoLaw
GoLaw, Doctoral Degree
Would any of his family be responsible for his debts, except, of course, the funeral expenses, if there are no other assets in the estate except for the Insurance policy of which I am beneficiary, his… read more
I was told by my estate lawyer that the priorities for estate
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I was told by my estate lawyer that the priorities for estate expenses were : 1. probate administration, 2. Funeral Bills, 3. Expenses of last illness. Based on this advice I, as PREP for my father's … read more
What happens if your mother dies with no money in the estate
Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Juris Doctorate
What happens if your mother dies with no money in the estate except life insurance, and still owes money to the IRS? Is the family getting the life insurance responsible for paying the IRS?… read more
If you are the Executor of an estate, and the deceased has
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
If you are the Executor of an estate, and the deceased has a number of life insurance policies with different beneficiaries, how do you know which policy would be the one that would be used to pay for… read more