Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Dear Sir, My Lease Expires on August 15, 2010. And in May I signed a new lease for…

Customer Question
Dear Sir, My Lease Expires on...
Dear Sir,

My Lease Expires on August 15, 2010. And in May I signed a new lease for the next year. I just got laid off from my job. And i got another renter to rent the place my landlord turned them down. What should i do.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/22/2010
Estate Lawyer: Daniel P., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Daniel P.
Daniel P., Attorney

Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will work diligently and quickly to answer your questions. I look forward to assisting you.

Does the lease have any contingency for terminating it?

I can send you the rental Agreement

This Part of my Rental Agreement.

36. Guarantor: If the Lease is guaranteed, the persoms) guaranteeing the Lease ("Guarantor") absolutely
zuarantees Tenant's obligations and verforrnance under the Lease. Guarantor further agrees to be bound by the same
covenants and conditions of the Lease and makes the same warranties and representations as Tenant under the Lease. If
Tenant defaults in the performance of Tenant's obligations under the Lease. Guarantor will oerform Tenant's obligations.
37. Subordination: The Lease is subordinate to all existing and future mortgages, deeds of trust and other
security interests on the Premises.
38. Notices: AIl notices required to be sent under the Lease must be in writing and either be: (i) delivered as
orovided by aoolicable law. including inter alia. §§ 13-40-101. CR.S .. et sea. [Colorado Forcible Entry and Unlawful
Detainer statute]; (ii) personally delivered, with proper proof of service; or (ill) sent via U.S. first class mail, postage
prepaid. All notices reauired to be sent to Landlord must be sent or delivered to the address where the Rent is to be naid,
and all notices required to be sent to Tenant must be sent or delivered to the Premises, unless otherwise specified.
Notwithstanding the foregoing. all notices involving or conceminz §§ 13-40-101. CRB .. et sea. must be delivered as
provided in this law.
39. Attorneys' Fees: If either party fails to perform any of its obligations under the Lease, or if a dispute arises
concerning the meaning or interpretation of any provision of the Lease. then the defanltinz oartv or the oartv not prevailing
in the dispute, as the case may be, must pay any and all costs and expenses incurred by the other party in enforcing or
establishing its rights under the Lease. includinz. without limitation. court costs and reasonable attorneys' fees.
40. Governing Law: The Lease is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of
Colorado. Venue is prover in the county in which the Premises are located.
41. Amendments and 'Ierminatiem Unless otherwise provided in the Lease, the Lease may be amended,
modified. or terminated onlv by a written instrument executed bv Landlord and Tenant.
42. Captions: The Paragraph titles or captions in the Lease are for convenience only and shall not be deemed
to be oart of the Lease.
Initials:- t .••n..t1,.••.,{
43. Pronouns; Joint and Several Use of Certain Terms: Whenever the terms referred to in the Lease are
sinzuler, the same shall be deemed to mean the plural, as the context indicates. and vice versa. All references to the
"Landlord" mean Landlord and/or its authorized agents, contractors, or employees as may be required by the specific
context. All references to "Tenant" mean each and every nerson comnrisinz Tenant or an individual person or
combination of nersons comnrisinz Tenant as may be recuired bv the specific context.
44. Waivers: No right under the Lease may be waived except by written instrument executed by the party who
is waivinz that rizht. No waiver of any breach of any provision contained in the Lease shall be deemed a waiver of any
preceding or succeeding breach of that provision or of any other provision contained in the Lease. No extension of time
forperformance of any obligations or acts shall be deemed an extension of the time for performance of any other
oblizations or acts.
45. Severability: If any term, covenant, condition, or provision of the Lease or the application thereof to any
person or circumstance is found. at any time or to any extent. to be invalid or unenforceable. the remainder of the Lease.
or the application of that term or provision to persons or circumstances other than those to which it is held invalid or
unenforceable. shall not be affected thereby. and each orovision of the Lease shall be valid and shall be enforced to the
fullest extent permitted by law.
4f). Lead-Based Paint Disclosure Ruie: Housing built
Daniel,

Did you get my response.