Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

If a power of attourney is created between a husband and wife,

Customer Question
it is notorized in 2005...
If a power of attourney is created between a husband and wife, it is notorized in 2005 but without the presence of an attorney could it be used in Missouri court?

What is the law on custody in missouri. Is it legal for a mother to not allow the childs father to see them for over 30 days?

What is the law on service contract in Missouri? Could a mechanic hold on to your product because they claim you owe them money for looking at it if you decided not to have it fixed by them it when it was not part of the service contract and you where never told of this fee however they have it posted on a place in their work shop?

What is the law on assett division in Missouri for divorce?

How do I evict a tennant without a an eviction notice if we do not have a contract in Missouri and they are not paying me?

I am sueing in small claims court already moved out and left his car on my property plus he has moved to an unknown. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/21/2010
Estate Lawyer: David Kennett, Attorney replied 8 years ago
David Kennett
David Kennett, Attorney

Dear Ishmalla23 - A POA that is not notarized is not valid in any state or court. Unless the father has an order from a court for visitation then there is nothing to enforce against the mother. You have to file a formal eviction action for non payment of rent regardless of whether you have a written agreement. Assets are divided based on a "fair and equitable" basis. If a car was abandoned on your property you can have it removed. As for the mechanic you can file a suit for replevin of your vehicle.

We are only supposed to answer one question per post but I tried to give you the answers to your questions as concisely as possible.

Dave Kennett