Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My grandmother is 95 and in a nursing home. She has two trusts…

Customer Question
My grandmother is 95 and...
My grandmother is 95 and in a nursing home. She has two trusts and one is currently paying for her care. The other trust has nothing in it stating the money can be used for her care. We are dangerously close to the end of the first one and I am worried how to care for her when the money is gone. I am her power of attorney, is there any way I can break the second one to use the money for her care?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/18/2010
Estate Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney at Law
Can you give me some information on the second trust. Who set it up, who are the beneficiaries, is it a revocable or irrevocable trust, who is the trustee.