Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How do I appeal a cut in my social security check. I retired…

Customer Question
How do I appeal a...
How do I appeal a cut in my social security check. I retired in December, 2009 under OPERS. I started receiving social security benefits when I turned 66 years old in May, 2008. Today I received a letter stating that I have been overpaid by over $1800.00. I had also worked for over 30 years under social security. (I worked two jobs most of my life). Any information will be appreciated as to how I can appeal their decision and the overpayment.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Estate Law
6/15/2010
Estate Lawyer: Daniel P., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Daniel P.
Daniel P., Attorney

Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will work diligently and quickly to answer your questions. I look forward to assisting you.

This is a very good website that will explain it a lot better than I possibly can Smile

http://www.ptla.org/overpay.htm

I'm sorry but the information you provided was not a help to me and not worth $15.00, I was looking for information on how to present my concerns to Social security. Social Security sent me the same information you gave in the letter they sent to me.