Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

David Kennett
David Kennett
David Kennett, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
Time to settle an estate. JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will
Barrister, Attorney
I am an heir to an estate in PA. The estate is finalized, taxes paid, and the house has been sold--all by an attorney. Is there any deadline on submitting the final accounting and distributing the funds to the heirs? … read more
My grandfather owned a home. He died without a will. My
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
My grandfather owned a home. He died without a will. My mothers siblings then signed a waiver of personal representatives bond form. My aunt worked with the court on the estate. My aunt then died befo… read more
My grandmother who lived in Mississippi, passed away in Dec
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
My grandmother who lived in Mississippi, passed away in Dec 2009, without a will. She had 3 children, 2 of which preceded her in death (my mother and my uncle). My grandmother's real property consiste… read more
What is the charge against a Power of Attorney agent who signs every p
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
What is the charge against a Power of Attorney agent who signs every page of a UT trust for a principal in 2003 , and a ND lawyer who influences the judge in 2013 to allow the POA agent to take contro… read more
My aunt recently passed away. She lived in the state of Virginia
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My aunt recently passed away. She lived in the state of Virginia (Fairfax county). We only have a copy of her will (not the original) but we have originals of two codicils to that will. When she added… read more
My journey is to make my deceased mothers final wishes (will
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
My journey is to make my deceased mother's final wishes (will and codicil) be honored. My 90-year old ailing mother signed her two wills on 9/5/2011 when she was living with my sister in Los Angeles. … read more
My Aunt Ruth that lived on Florida passed away in Oct. 2012.
John Legal
John Legal, Doctoral Degree
My Aunt Ruth that lived on Florida passed away in Oct. 2012. She had already named her older sister, Katie, as her heir to her estate and issue. The older sister, Katie, passed away in 2002. My aunt R… read more
What is the deadline for contesting a will in New York state? Should
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
What is the deadline for contesting a will in New York state? Should the Executrix by law be obliged to submit both the will and Codocil to the probate attorney and the probate court? If the Executrix… read more
Grandfather passed away (June 29th 2011), his oldest daughter
Barrister, Attorney
Grandfather passed away (June 29th 2011), his oldest daughter (our aunt,who is in very poor health) is executor, filed will 8/25/2011. Our mother passed away before him and we (as his granddaughters) … read more
My Aunt died 12/26/2008. I am her legal Personal Representative.
Loren, estate lawyer
My Aunt died 12/26/2008. I am her legal Personal Representative. After her death, I filed her 2007 and 2008 personal income taxes. I am not finished with the estate paperwork yet, and I want to know a… read more
When my father died in 1993, I was to receive his portion of
David Kennett
David Kennett, Attorney
When my father died in 1993, I was to receive his portion of my grandfather's Will. Then my grandmother died and I received some insurance money, but I am still listed in the Will, along with my child… read more
I am heir to approximately $37,000 out of an estate valued
Ellen, Attorney
I am heir to approximately $37,000 out of an estate valued at $685,000 in WV. My aunt died on Palm Sunday 2009. All assets are liquid except for Jewelry and a car nominally valued in total at $2000. I… read more
My wifes grandmother pastaway in 2000. She lived in calif.
socrateaser, estate lawyer
My wife's grandmother pastaway in 2000. She lived in calif. and since 2009 the estate has been in probate. We were notified Oct. 2010 about a hearing about "First and Final Account Report of Administr… read more
Our Aunt died in Aug 06. Our sister received letter of testamentary
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
Our Aunt died in Aug 06. Our sister received letter of testamentary from courts in Feb 06. Our aunt estate is a simple one. She owned no one money. Will is clear on who is receiving what from the esta… read more
MY FATHER-IN-LAWS ORIGINAL WILL (1995) PUT MY HUSBAND AS THE
Infolawyer, Attorney
MY FATHER-IN-LAW'S ORIGINAL WILL (1995) PUT MY HUSBAND AS THE HEIR AND EXECUTOR OF HIS ESTATE WITH ME AS THE ALTERNATE. HE RE-MARRIED AT AGE 85 AND THE WILL CHANGED TO HIS NEW WIFE AS HEIR, HIS OLDEST… read more
My 97 year old aunt passed away this week. Her husband, my
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
My 97 year old aunt passed away this week. Her husband, my Father's oldest brother also 97, passed away in February, 2009. Upon the death of both, I was to receive one-half of their estate. I have a c… read more
My aunt died on 08-01-2009 in Edgewater, Maryland. I received
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
My aunt died on 08-01-2009 in Edgewater, Maryland. I received the call from her Pimary care giver who told me that she was also the executrix of my aunt's $1,500,000.00+ estate. She also made it clear… read more
I just found out my mother passed Nov. 2007 in Broward Co Fla.
Infolawyer, Attorney
I just found out my mother passed Nov. 2007 in Broward Co Fla. I had left florida nov 2000 because of problems with my daughter/son in law & their kids had destroyed my home. A couple times I called m… read more