How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years experience in estate and trust planning, probate, and wills
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i wanted to get divorce and I have a VA loan on my house

This answer was rated:

if i wanted to get divorce and I have a VA loan on my house and I didn't need my wife income information to get the loan, what will happen to the house if we get divorce?
Is she also on the deed an/or mortgage?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
she is on the deed?

You can't sell the property without her signature on the transfer deed.


So, regardless that you need her to sign off on any transfer - she also has a marital interest in the property - she has equity in the property unless the property is upside down and more owed than it's worth.


So, yes, you potentially could purchase and obtain financing in your name alone for the property - she would have to consent or a judge would have to order such in the property division of the divorce action.

Law Pro and 3 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you