How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9336
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to make a codicil for my Living trust i have now. All

Resolved Question:

I want to make a codicil for my Living trust i have now. All my assets go to my 2 daughters. My older daughter is giving my younger daughter a bad time. My younger daughter is well established, but my older daughter has to struggle. I am afraid she will try and talk my youngest into letting her have everything!! I want to elect an executor of the trust The older won't argue with that.
Can i do this with a codicil??.
Submitted: 7 years ago via RocketLawyer.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
Actually a codicil is used to amend a will, you can amend a living trust with an Amendment but it is not usually called a codicil.

The Amendment has to be executed with the same formalities required to execute the trust it amends.

It may be easiser to set up a separate trust for each daughter, that might avert future arguments,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Can i get a form form for an Ammendment on line as i did the Codicil?

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
I don't know of any on line forms that would be suitable but you can have a local attorney or even a legal document assistant draft an amendment to the trust.
N Cal Attorney and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I have a better understanding now.

Related Estate Law Questions