Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

What does one do to revoke a QuitClaim Deed/

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Estate Law
4/30/2009
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
What state is this in?

Quit Claim deed to revoke or void.

Quit Claim deed to revoke or void. I have seached for legal ways of the deed

which has now past an estate .What can I do to prove that the quit claim deed was for

his interest only.

Once it is issued the recipient of the quit claim deed would need to quit claim it back to you. otherwise if done in fraud or duress, would need to get court order so voiding it on that basis.
Infolawyer, Attorney
Does it mean a quitclaim deed if some dies intestate the deed the deed goes to the spouse?
If A quit claims to B and then B dies, the asset transferred would pass according to B's will, trust or if none exist by intestate law.
Quit deed was not filed til after death,he died ,no will,no trust andno probate.
one cannot revoke it once issued:
Does a quiet or quit deed need to be recorded by the person recieving deed to make it legal?
It needs to be recorded with the county clerk to have binding effect and retain priority.   

When does it (quit deeds)have to be filed at the county court? By the person who it is

deeded to or by anyone after the person is dead. THe person who had the quit deeds never recorded it,but now it is recorded, but it is impossible that it was recorded by Him.

Can you add to a dead man's?

It can be recorded provided it is authentic.

Do I need to hire a lawyer and what do I need to take to him to let me know I Have the

right to do this for the rest of the family. I am the youngest child.

You would see a real estate estates lawyer locally to handle this. see www.martindale.com Bring all documents you have concerning the property including deed.
Infolawyer, Attorney