How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney at Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with experience in wills, estates and trusts
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I need a CPA to close out a Living Trust Both Mom and Dad

Resolved Question:

Do I need a CPA to close out a Living Trust? Both Mom and Dad are gone and we have taken care of all the bills and sold and divided things. So We just want to be done with the Trust. We were told that we needed a CPA. If we all agree can we just close it out?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
You don't have to close the trust out through the courts and I really don't see why you need a CPA. You may want to ask the attorney why since he knows more about the situation and there may be some special circumstances. Once all of the bills are paid and probate has closed, you can normally terminate the trust and the trustees can execute deeds of distribution for the real property to the beneficiaries. You would normally file the trust with the deeds so the title could be traced.
lwpat and 5 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Estate Law Questions