How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ProbateAttorney Your Own Question
ProbateAttorney, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 269
Experience:  Over 10 years of probate, real estate and corporate law experience
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
ProbateAttorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i start trust fund for mineral rights in Pa.

Resolved Question:

How do i start trust fund for mineral rights in Pa.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ProbateAttorney replied 8 years ago.
The first thing you need to do is figure out what type of trust you want to use. The choices are either an irrevocable trust or revocable trust. If the mineral rights and/or land is in your name and you want to retain control over those rights through a trust, then a revocable trust is your best option. If you wish to fully relinquish your rights to the minerals plan to nominate someone other than yourself as the beneficiary and trustee, then you may want to use an irrevocable trust.

There are several websites that have the trust forms available such as:

After setting up the trust you will then record a transfer of the mineral rights on the county recorders indexes with a Quit-claim deed, naming the owner of the rights as the grantor and the person you nominate as the trustee as the grantee of the such and such trust.

I know you are just starting this process, if you have any further questions I await your reply. Thanks.
ProbateAttorney and 4 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Estate Law Questions