How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Experienced in facets of estates and trusts.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mother died without a will, but left me as sole

Customer Question

My Mother died without a will, but left me as sole beneficiary for her Life Insurance. How can I get her safety deposit box contents without going thru probate as we didn't file Probate or anything. (She owned no real property)
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.


if there is not enough estate to probate, that is fine - you still need to go through the probate court to get your "letters of administration" this will designate you as the person with the authority to open the safe deposit box and take care of any other personal business that was left upon her death.

sorry about your loss

Samuel II and 2 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sam was awesome, and his response time was unbelievable!! Thanks so much! I will most definitely be back!! Thanks again!!!