How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 57322
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We 2 (previously harmonious) co-executor sisters disagree on

Resolved Question:

We 2 (previously harmonious) co-executor sisters disagree on an issue. I forbade to take our oler, NON-executor sister into Mother's house (locked, containing personal property, jewelry, I forbade this partly because this older sister has been un-cooperative and created serious interference of our probate duties, partly because I can't  trust her--I have solid reason to believe she unlawfully entered the house alone, stole assets and worse.  My gullible co-executor sister has now been successfully 'won over' & manipulated with blatant lies by this older sister who has persuaded her to go into the house.  My co-executor sister defiantly demands to me that she can take this dishonest  sister into the house to sort, search and handle valuables as she is a  co-executor.  Since I strongly object to my dishonest sister going into the house, can  my co-executor sister defy me after I've told her I have reason to distrust our older sister in the house around valuables?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 years ago.
Where there are 2 co executors decisions need to be reached by consenus jointly. If you are in disagreement and fear that a decision is harming the estate, you need to bring the matter before the court for a ruling. It can be done my motion but the judge assigned to the estate may handle it informally by conference call.   If you have an attorney representing you as executor have him or her make the objection and obtain judicial intervention.
Infolawyer and 5 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you