Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

what is the law on inheritance in the state of oklahoma, what

percentage do children recieve if...
what is the law on inheritance in the state of oklahoma, what percentage do children recieve if there is no will?
9/1/2008
rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney

If dad dies with no will...here's what happens in OK:

In any case, the surviving spouse is entitled to complete ownership of a car owned by the decedent. If the decedent owned more than one car, the surviving spouse has first choice as to which one to pick.

1. the surviving spouse is entitled to one-half interest in the property acquired joint efforts of plus an undivided equal part in the intestate estate not acquired jointly divided with each of decedent's living children and the lawful issue of any deceased child by right of representation

http://www.finance.cch.com/pops/c50s10d190_OK.asp

1. Only a will can enable him to disinherit anyone...If no will, your sister WILL GET HER SHARE.

2. She is entitled to his car even tho she has one...that's the law....again if dad wants something different he better make a will!!!!!!!!!

3. Step mom gets 1/2 of joint property, and 1/2 of the property that was dad's alone. You and sis SHARE EQUALLY the other 1/2 of the joint property (ie. dad's 1/2) PLUS 1/2 of property that was dad's alone.

This is the law in OK

rich

rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney
rvlaw
rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney