How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David Kennett Your Own Question
David Kennett
David Kennett, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years practicing attorney
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
David Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i submit a bill to a deceased person''s estate? the

This answer was rated:

how do i submit a bill to a deceased person''s estate? the payment for the job was a verbal agreement, and payment was approved by the executor. now the executor is saying there was no agreement.

Dear ragedyanniee - You need to file a written proof of claim in the probate court where the estate is filed. If the executor disputes the claim then the court will hold a hearing to determine the validity of your bill to the estate. Send a copy to the executor and file the original with the court and be sure to include the case number ***** this will become part of the estate file.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

David Kennett and 6 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i don't know what a written proof of claim is

It is a copy of your bill which you can file at the probate court. Make sure to write the case number ***** the bill.

Dave Kennett