Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

I am doing an assignment on emerging markets and as per the…

Hi there,I am doing an...
Hi there,I am doing an assignment on emerging markets and as per the marking criteria I need to discuss the definitions. What exactly do I need to do?1st definifition of emerging markets - low-income, rapid-growth countries using liberalization as their primary engine of growth
2nd definition of the term emerging markets- countries which are in a transition phase from developing to developed markets due to rapid growth and industrialization'Thank you
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Steve
Steve, MBA

hi can you please clarify what kind of help you are seeking with this?

Steve
Steve, MBA
I just want to know what exactly I need to do to discuss/analyse the definitions. and if you can give an example
The marking criteria says that I need to show critical analysis of the term 'emerging markets' . So my question is how can I analyse a definition? What does it involve? What kind of questions I need to answer?

please enter your phone number where it says to enter private contact info.

447415316936 my phone number

I called, no answer

I did not receive any calls. I will call you, give me your number. I live in the UK my number is :***********

one moment.

I dont knwo what happened can you call back please?

phone doesn't seem to want to work.

you can call me on whatsapp if you want.. or i dont know.. i think ur hanging up by mistake or something
or you can type the answer here , that will do too

okay

I will type

you should make a case for which definition you think is correct. do you believe liberalization drives emerging economies, or do you believe that industrialization drives emerging economies.

use real life examples - china, brazil, etc - and describe, using real evidence from these countries growth to prove which it is (liberalization or industrialization) that has been driving their growth

you may decide that in some cases liberalization drives growth and in others it is industrialization - or it could be both in some cases. you need to basically prove out that one is right and one is wrong, or that each is right but it depends on the specific county in question

does that make sense?

This report focuses on China. So basically I will have too look at GDP growth trends. Or how can I find out if its liberalization or industrilaization ? Can you explain that a bit more please?

you don't have to look at growth trends if it is just one country - the growth is the growth. you need to decide if it is liberalization, industrialization, or both, than led to china's growth

liberalization is the relaxing of laws and policies and culture becoming more open and accepting

industrialization is the wide scale development of industries.

for china you could research and discus how the shift away from pure communism has spurred growth (liberalization), and how the development of technology manufacturing (industrialization) has spurred growth

Let me send you the marking criteria so you can get a better understanding of the question ...
What I have found through research is that in 1978 China started to reform its economic system which has led to spectacular economic growth. They also started a process of decollectivisation - hence in 2001 they were admited to the World Trading Organisation.

the marking criteria doesn't change my suggestion.

if you believe it was economic reform and decollectivisation and have good evidence of this, then make the argument that it is liberalization that drove china, not industrialization. thus definition 1

is more correct or applicable in the case of china

I can say that based on the first definition of the term 'emerging market' it applies to China as in 1978 the country started to reform its ecnomic reform which ahs led to rapid growth. and then back it up with evidence such as data from The World Bank... showing an increase in growth % since 1978 till now. Will that do?

yes. I would also consider looking for other examples of liberalization in china beyond just the 1978 one, and how they may have also contributed.

Any examles please?
Examples of what?
examples of liberalization in china?
We have to write how management writers define the term ‘emerging markets. Analyse the definitions. State what are the key features of emerging markets in general and HOW China fits into this categoryI have told you the two definitions that I have found and now I need to analyse them so:
One defines emerging markets a low-income countries with rapid growth as a result of the adoption of liberalization the seoncd definitions says that emerging markets are countries in a transition phase from developing to developed due to grapid growth and industrialization. One common thing in both definitions is 'rapid growth' - however whats different is wheter is insutrialization or liberalization that facilitates the growth of this emerging markets. So, in the essay I need to write which one I believe it is and back it up with evidence Right? And then say what are some of the characteristics eg. high gdp, high HDI and so on. And then state how Cina fits into the category of 'emerging markets' Am I Right?

correct.

determine which definition fits china

Personally which one do you think fits China?

my personal opinion is not super important but I think it is mostly liberalization that drove china's growth

Cool. And what kind of statistics do you recommend using as evidence that liberalizaiton is the primary enginge of rapid growth in emerging markets?

gdp growth, income growth, trade growth, wealth generation, stock market value growth, etc - all tied to different liberalization efforts

Now i 've got a better understanding of what needs to be written. Thanks a lot for your help ! Wish me good luck, deadline is in a few days :) By the way do you offer any other services apart from answering questions?

you are welcome. the site is really only Q and A...

I think you will get it sorted, good luck with it!

I know but I mean do you personally offer other service apart from Q and A? like writting essays and stuff?
no, I don't personally do essay writing.
The 2nd definition sates that emerging markets are "countries which are in a transition phase from developing to developed markets DUE TO rapid growth and industrialization" so this definitions states that nations that are progressing toward becoming more advances as a result of rapid growth an industralisation can be truly called emerging markets.On the other hand, the frist definition states that countries with low income that are growing rapidly but using liberalization as their primary engine of growth can be classified as an emerging markets.So, there is a difference. One writer says 'due to rapid growth' - these countries can be called emerging market
The other says that a nations needs to be a low-income country but to grow rapidly by using liberalization as their means of growth.
I am still confused :( sorry
It still boils down to industrialization vs liberalization. Those are the keys to differentiate between
Alright thats what I will do then. Can you suggest a good topic sentence for me please? Like a sentence to start the dicussion/analysis. Appreciate it

experts differ on the drivers of emerging markets, but in the case of china, the driver - and applicable definition - is clear

but I need to analyse the term 'emerging markets'

you need to discuss the different definitions

I think what I suggested is a fine opening statement.

a good one

something like this:Management writer differ on the drivers of emerging markets, but in the case of china, the driver "low-income, rapid-growth countries using liberalization as their primary engine of growth” Hoskisson et al., (2000) is clear
that would be suitable.
Does that make sense or is it to jagged off?
No it’s clear
Hi Steve,It me again :( sorry to bother you
Management writer differ on the drivers of emerging markets, but in the case of china, the driver "low-income, rapid-growth countries using liberalization as their primary engine of growth” Hoskisson et al., (2000) is clearDue to the words count I can not re write the whole definition again, can I just say ' Management writers differ on the drivers of emerging markets, but in the case of China, the driver has been liberalization as mentioned in the first definition. - >> how does that sound? After this sentence i will say what liberalization means and then something like. After the reforms adopted in 1978 by the authoritarian regime, China has witnessed tremedous economic growth as the GDP has grown from x % to y %. ...etcOR.. can you suggest something better please?

hi,

I would just go with: Management writers differ on the drivers of emerging markets, but in the case of China, the driver has been liberalization.

Unfortunately I won't be able to continue to edit your sentences under the scope of this question, so please open a new request if you would like further help

Are you from here? (UK)
I am not in the UK
I was going to ask: When critically analysing the term 'emerging markets' do I have to talk about both theories or just one? For example I said liberalization was the main driver and I have added evidence and so on. Do i have to talk about the 2nd definition as well now or 1 is fine?

if you are limited to discussing china, then you can't really talk about the other definition if it doesn't apply

you could cite other examples of when it does apply, other countries, but then re iterate that china was the liberalization definition.

I have finished. I have stated the two definitions and then I said that both definitions agree that a key aspect of an emerging market is rapid growth and that a country also has to be embarked in a process of moving toward becoming advantaced.I then said that the management writers differ on the draviers of and emerging market (Should it Not me 'rapid growth'?) But in the case of China it has been liberalization. I then said how china went from oure communism to a more open economy theough the adoption of reforms in 1978, i have also mentioned how China eased the laws on foreign capital enetering the market.I am I on the right track?��

yes that is how I recommended to approach this question.

Can I send my work to you so u can tell me if it's a 70%+ as per the marking criteria?
Unfortunately that it not something I will be able to help with, and it also does not fall under the scope of this question. If you open a new question there may be another expert who can help.
Alright so if I open a new qeustion will I be able toget feedback on the paragraph?
I don't have immediate availability to fulfill a new request, however, another expert might. I can't say for sure.