Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

You accepted an offer from MedDiagno, and today is your

Customer Question
first day working there as...
You accepted an offer from MedDiagno, and today is your first day working there as a business analyst. MedDiagno does business by producing and selling a range of medical diagnostic products. Its main product is the QuickKit™, an easy-to-use medical diagnostic tool for Hepatitis B. Trained personnel in physicians’ offices, medical facilities, clinical laboratories, and emergency care situations could use this as a screening assay to produce results in less than a minute. SusaMed is the main competitor of MedDiagno, and it sells a similar product, HepaTest, the only alternative to QuickKit™ in the market.Last week, MedDiagno’s other business analyst, ***** *****tch, quit, before she disappeared, Pat was working on an important and time-sensitive project for MedDiagno’s CEO, Victor Dun. The project involves four interrelated tasks:1. Estimate the linear and log-linear empirical demand functions for QuickKits™.
2. Interpret the estimated demand functions for QuickKits™.
3. Make pertinent recommendations to senior management based on the empirical demand
functions.
4. Write a short report summarizing the results of the analysis and any recommendations.Victor asks you to complete the project. He tells you that he’s particularly interested in knowing if the current price of the QuickKit™ is optimal and, if not, whether it should be increased or
decreased. He tells you that the current price of a QuickKit™ is $30.00 and that since the production process has been set up, the marginal cost of producing additional kits is essentially
zero. Victor is also interested in knowing whether or not the firm’s advertising expenditures over the last three years have been a good investment and anything else relevant that your
analysis uncovers.You only have a week to complete the analysis, interpret the results, and summarize your findings and recommendations in a brief report. Victor tells you that the main body of the
report must be short (a 1000 words at most excluding the title page and any appendices), to the point, and not overly technical. He tells you that his formal knowledge of mathematics,
economics, and statistics is somewhat limited, and asks you to keep that in mind as you write the main body of the report. Nevertheless, your conclusions and recommendations must be
based on a rigorous analysis of the available data and you should provide a concise summary of any technical details in an appendix. Victor also tells you to be explicit about any important
limitations that your analysis might have.Finally, Victor tells you that he likes his reports to be broken up into sections with sensible and self-explanatory headings because it makes them much easier to read and understand.
Victor gives you a copy of an Excel spreadsheet that Pat sent him. It contains data that Pat collected on the variables she thought might have a significant influence on the demand for
QuickKits™. It also contains some notes Pat made about the data and how to proceed with the analysis. The spreadsheet is the only record of Pat’s work on the project.Victor has complete confidence in Pat’s technical abilities and professional judgment. As such, he tells you to take the notes in Pat’s spreadsheet at face value and to use them as a starting point for your analysis. As Victor puts it, “You’ve only got a week, so there’s no point trying to reinvent the wheel. If Pat thought the data should be treated in a particular way, then that’s
what you should do.”
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Essays
9/17/2017
Business Tutor: Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor

Dear Customer,

Thank you for coming to Just Answer. When is your deadline for this assignment?

Hello Donna - Midnight tonight.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for letting me know. How many pages does your assignment need to be?

What I need help with is completing the linear and log-linear empirical demand functions. I think I can complete the analysis. You will need the excel spreadsheet that contains the variables.

Dear Customer,

OK. I can do that. I will just make a small offer to you in order to send you the answer via email so that it will not show up with Turnitin and/or SafeAssign. Just a moment.

Thank you.

I don't understand. ?

Dear Customer,

Thank you for asking if you do not understand. Turnitin and SafeAssign are systems which Professors will use to track to see if a student has duplicated answers from online sources in particular. This discussion post can be publicly viewed. This does not mean that you need to close this question. The email service that I am offering to you will ensure that when I send you the Excel spreadsheet that it will not show up with Turnitin and SafeAssign since this discussion post can be publicly viewed.

Do you have any other questions?

I look forward to your acceptance of the offer. I would be sending you the answer via my own private email.

That's okay. I just needed some help on the equations, as I'm not very confident in my skills. But I think I can manage it given that I have several hours before the assignment is due. Thank you.

Dear Customer,

OK. No problem! I will just opt out of this question simply so that the question can be closed.

Thanks!

Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree