Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

Essays

Financial Analysis Report Your financial analysis report

Customer Question
Financial Analysis ReportYour financial analysis...
Financial Analysis ReportYour financial analysis report will be driven by a rigorous ratio analysis, and aggressively supplemented with your written analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of the data.
Your research should be strategically driven by two probing questions:
-Would you invest your financial capital in the selected firm as a shareholder?
-Would you invest your human and intellectual capital in the firm as an employee?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Essays
5/11/2017
Business Tutor: Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor

Dear Customer,

When is your deadline in order to have this assignment completed?

4 weeks
Your financial analysis report will be driven by a rigorous ratio analysis, and aggressively supplemented with your written analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of the data.
Steps in preparation of financial analysis report:
1.) Select a publicly held company2.) Select a benchmark firm to compare your company against. The benchmark firm is typically the largest competitor.3.) Obtain the firm’s balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows for
the past 5 years. Download or read the firm’s annual report.
4.)   Go to:   http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/webusers.htm
Research EDGAR’s database for additional SEC report filings: 8-k, 10-Q.
4.) The following table is the type of Excel or Word table that should be used to gather and report your ratio and financial performance data. Note the 5 financial diagnostic categories that should be used in your analysis.
Financial diagnostic categories
 Chosen company              vs.
 Benchmark competitor

1.)   Liquidity of short-term assets
-Current ratio
-Cash ratio
-Quick ratio
-Current ratio
-Cash ratio
-Quick ratio

2.)   Long-term debt-paying ability
-Debt ratio
-Debt-equity ratio
-Times interest earned
-Debt ratio
-Debt-equity ratio
-Times interest earned

3.)   Profitability

-Net income/sales (profit margin)
-Net income/assets (ROA)
-Net income/shareholder equity  (ROE)
-Net income/sales (profit margin)
-Net income/assets (ROA)
-Net income/shareholder equity  (ROE)

4.)   Asset utilization/ management efficiency
-Total asset turnover
-Inventory turnover   measures
-Accounts receivable turnover
-Total asset turnover
-Inventory turnover   measures
-Accounts receivable turnover

5.)   Market measures
-Price/earnings ratio
-Earnings per common share
-Dividend payout
-Price/earnings ratio
-Earnings per common share
-Dividend payout

Use 2-3 ratios per diagnostic category. Place your ratio calculations in the table for your selected companies—primary company and benchmark competitor. Using 5 diagnostic categories, and 3 ratios to assess each category, results in 15 ratio measures per company that will be compared side by side.
6.)   To validate your research, 5 years of data should be analyzed.
7.) The financial analysis report must be written properly. They must include a title page, a table of contents, and a reference page. For both midterm and final report, information sources from the web, etc. must be cited properly, using APA style.This means that every table that you cut and pasted or typed from the web must have a source at the bottom of the table AND that citing must also be included in a reference page at the end of the report.The parts of the research paper are discussed below. The completed report (parts a through h) is due day 7 of week 6. Your project should include:a. An overview of the corporation.
i. Provide general information regarding the type of business, products and/or services, location of headquarters, name of CEO, number of employees, and countries of operation, etc.b. The latest financial statements
i. Get the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, and the statement of owners’ equity for the past fiscal year. Create Turnitin-friendly versions of the financial statements; do not just ‘cut and paste’ them in your report. Do not forget to cite the source under each statement.
ii. If you cannot cut and paste them, you may have to type in the information in a table in your report.c. A summary of each financial statement
i. Take each statement and state the key parts in words. Tell a story from each of the financial statements. For example, for the income statement, the story starts like, “Total Revenues in 2010 were $10 billion, while Cost of Goods Sold were $8 billion, leaving a gross profit margin of $2 billion, or 20 percent of total revenues….After taking out interest and taxes from EBIT, the net income was $0.5 billion, or 5 percent of total revenues.”
d. Ratio calculation (include 5 major types of ratios. Refer to chapter 3, Analysis of Financial Statements)
i. Organization of this section is based on the FIVE types of ratios listed in the text book. Calculate the ratios from the financial statements in part c above using Excel or your calculator and present them in a table.
ii. Find industry financial ratios online (eg. Yahoo.com) and compare your corporation’s ratios to these industry ratios.
iii. Present your results following the five types of ratios discussed in part d.
iv. A table with both corporation and industry ratios is required;
v.
e. Discussion of key statistics provided by sources like Yahoo finance.
i. There are many different other statistics available for your corporation. These include ma

Dear Customer,

Your deadline is good. Thank you for the advance notice. You have paid $24.14 for these questions. The average amount that an expert receives for this site is $68.00 per question(s) request. I will make an offer to you including the amount that you have already paid. If you accept it, then we can proceed.

Thank you.

Hi, please opt out. I want a new expert. Thank you

Sure! No problem!

Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree