Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Professor
Experience:  PhD in English Language and Literature
93876912

I am using "Essentials of HealthCare Marketing, 3rd Edition

Customer Question

Hi, I am using "Essentials of HealthCare Marketing, 3rd Edition by: Eric N. Berkowitz (ISBN 978076378334).
Chapter 4
7. The United States is experiencing a deadline of the middle class. What does this trend imply for the future of organizations such as: (a) the U.S. Public Health Service, which operates many inner-city health clinics for the economically disadvantaged and (b) the Scripps Clinic was seen as an exclusive medical provider known not only for treatment but also for its research.
Chapter 6
1. Assume the multispecialty medical group has decided to segment the market in the community by income level. The group has decided to target a small niche of middle-aged, white-collar professionals who are married, with both spouses working outside the home. How might this medical group tailor its marketing mix to appeal to this segment?
2. A women’s health clinic has recognized the need to segment its market. Identify three bases by which this clinic might segment the female market, and identify the manner in which the “product” component of the marketing mix would change in light of the segmentation base used.
4. A neurology group practice recently analyzed its level of patient referrals and referral sources. This analysis showed that 60% of all referrals came from 35% of all physicians who referred to the group. The remaining referrals came from the other 65% of the referral physicians. In examining this referral pattern, it was also revealed that 20% of all the primary care physicians in the group’s primary service area had never sent a patient to the group for diagnosis or treatment. As the practice manager of the group, you have been asked by the physicians to develop a marketing strategy to deal with this information.
Chapter 7
1. Most medical specialty groups historically have relied on primary care physician practices for referrals. At a recent society meeting, the senior partner returned with a renewed perspective in terms of looking at the customer base of referrers. "We need to develop relationships with these practices rather than view them as individual transactions when they send us a patient." How might this perspective shift the strategy of the group?
2. For many years, health care organizations, as well as traditional businesses, have been frustrated that high customer satisfaction scores do not necessarily lead to higher levels of profitability or sales. Explain why this inconsistency tends to exist.
3. Recently, a surgical group in Manhattan posted a Web site that includes a page that refreshes every 10 minutes and shows how close the doctors are following their "scheduled appointment " times. In terms of the value equation, what component or variable is this group trying to work on with its market?
4. An orthopedic group in Virginia has decided to conduct a survey of referral physicians. The results, which are posted on the group's Web site, indicate the level of customer satisfaction. The group has also posted comments that some of the physicians wrote in the surveys. What is this group doing in terms of attempting to recognize the customer contact process? Explain the integration of this strategy into a total marketing program for the orthopedic group.
Chapter 10
1. In recent years, two nationally known health care providers have established satellite facilities a great distance from their main clinic locations. The Mayo Clinic of Rochester, Minnesota, has opened facilities in Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota as well as in Mexico City. The Cleveland Clinic has opened a Brain Institute in Nevada, a facility in Florida, and a hospital in Abu Dhabi. Explain the changes in distribution intensity these actions represent.
2. Explain the vertical integration options and directions for the following providers: (a) a major academic medical center such as the University of Iowa, (b) a fiveperson general surgery group, and (c) a manufacturer of durable medical equipment.
5. Examine Figure 10-7 and explain how the community hospital in its present position (quadrant 3) could reposition itself to quadrant 2 and to quadrant 1.
Chapter 11
1. After a recent presentation of health plans at her company, Julia Brouck joined ABC PPO. The next week she made a visit to a pediatrician in the plan with her son, Arthur, and daughter, Emmy Lou. After seeing the pediatrician, she was told that there was a $15 co-payment for the visits. "I don't understand," Julia said, "I thought all physician visits were free." Explain the potential source of this misconception.
4. In recognition of the post-purchase role of promotion, what strategies would you suggest for: (a) a busy hospital emergency room, (b) an executive fitness program that provides health screening and fitness evaluation, and (c) an occupational medicine program that contracts its services to companies?
5. Jim Donaldson was recently hired as a sales representative for Mitleson Pharmaceutical. In his first week on the job, he is
Category: Essays
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I realized not all the questions were posted, the question got cut off at Chapter 11 question 5. Below is the question 5 and the remaing questions from chapter 12.
5. Jim Donaldson was recently hired as a sales representative for Mitleson Pharmaceutical. In his first week on the job, he is calling on a medium-sized academic medical center. His major focus is in neurology. Upon approaching the neurology area, he sees a sign posted in the reception area that reads "All pharmaceutical representatives must call in advance. No walk-in visits are allowed. No unannounced, unscheduled visits with doctors or other clinical staff are accepted. Please check the Web site for appointment requests. Do not visit without your preauthorized form." Jim calls his direct manager, who has been fielding an increasing number of such reports from the field. At the division meeting the following week, the district managers all raise this field sales problem. The vice president of sales opens it up for discussion, asking, "What should we do?"Chapter 12
2. Write an awareness objective for a newly formed adolescent chemical dependency program whose target market consists of judges and social workers who refer to the facility. How would this objective change for the trial level of the hierarchy of effects?
3. As the newly hired hospital marketing director, you have your first meeting with the administrator. "Okay," he says, "we need to advertise our physical rehabilitation program. I'll give you a couple of days to tell me how much you'd like to spend. Is $5000 enough? I think we can afford a little more if you need it. And, based on what I've seen in the newspapers, St. Mary's seems to be spending a little less than that. Give me your thoughts in two days." Your 2 days are up.
4. Recently, the physician marketing task force at State University Medical Center developed a physician referral directory and advertisement. The target was primary care physicians in the region who could refer patients to State University for tertiary care. A cardiologist who was an undergraduate English major chaired the committee and drafted the materials. Three months after distribution of the advertisement and directory, responses were disappointing. Explain how this could have been improved to increase likely response.
5. The director of a cardiac rehabilitation program was recently approached by a sales representative from the community newspaper selling advertising space. The sales representative underscored the fact that the paper had the largest circulation of any of the three papers serving the area and that it had the lowest cost-per-thousand. Before deciding to use this medium, what other factors should the program director consider?If you have a model, that is fine as long as the questions are answered sufficiently.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg,
Just checking the status of these review questions. Please let me know if you will be able to have this done by Friday.Thanks, Mariah

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I hope this message finds you well! I may be able to assist with this, depending on when your project is due. Can you let me know about your deadline? Also, are all of the questions to be addressed, or just a few and, if so, which ones would you like to tackle? Is there anything else I should know before we think about moving forward? I look forward to the possibility of working with you! :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Happy friday!I was granted an extension on my questions till next Thursday 05/26. All of the questions need to be generally addressed and answered.Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.

Wonderful! Thank you so much for getting back to me! I believe we can do this! Do you have any additional information or requests in regard to this project? Anything more I should know before we move forward to ensure this project is the best it can be? I'm so excited to work with you! Thank you again!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate you getting back to me Dr. Beth! Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those review questions came out of my textbook i am using "Essentials of HealthCare Marketing, 3rd Edition by: Eric N. Berkowitz (ISBN 978076378334).Just to make sure I have questions from Chapter 4,6,7,10,11,12.Hi, I realized not all the questions were posted, the question got cut off at Chapter 11 question 5. Below is the question 5 and the remaing questions from chapter 12.
5. The director of a cardiac rehabilitation program was recently approached by a sales representative from the community newspaper selling advertising space. The sales representative underscored the fact that the paper had the largest circulation of any of the three papers serving the area and that it had the lowest cost-per-thousand. Before deciding to use this medium, what other factors should the program director consider?Thanks so much!!
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.

It's my pleasure! Thank YOU so much for this! I'll be back in touch and, in the meantime, as always, if you think of anything more, I am right here! :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr. Beth,
I was just wondering how the answers were coming. Today is my deadline.Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.

Hello, there! Thank you so much for checking in! I am actually finishing up and will have your answers for you later tonight. I apologize for the delay. We have had a death in my family and my uncle's funeral was today. This has pushed everything back this week. Again, I'm sorry for that...I'm finishing up....

Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Again, I want to thank you for your patience and for the opportunity to work with you on this. Please find your answers attached. If there is ANYTHING more I can do for you, I am right here...

Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I hope you are well! I just wanted to check in to see how you are and if there is anything more I can do to help you with your answer? Please don't hesitate to let me know. I am right here! :)