Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

Essays

L.A. #1 Questions : Please first discuss if you agree or

Customer Question
L.A. #1 Questions : Please first...
L.A. #1 Questions :
Please first discuss if you agree or disagree with various authors in the Leadership & Management areas who suggest that there can be some significant differences between leaders and managers, and how they act/perform in organizations today. What are some of the differences between the two that you think can be significant in organizational situations ? Please also provide at least one example in an organizational setting that you think illustrates one or more of these differences between leaders and managers.
In addition, as you think about the organization where you work now or another organization that is suggested in the Week 6 materials, do you think that the managers there should also try to be leaders as they pursue important organizational goals ? Based upon what you read/saw in the relevant Week 6 materials, why do you think this should (or should not) be the case ?
THEME TWO :
The manager must be able to solve problems, communicate, and lead teams toward the effective completion of a task.
Week 6 Learning Activity (L.A.) #2----
Assume that you are the manager of the northern branch of the Laurel City bowling alleys. The owner, Jill Espy, has 4 other bowling alleys around town. As an example, the average employee assigned to the concession stand of all the Laurel City bowling alleys lasts about 3 years. However, in your branch, the average employee lasts only 8 months. Jill is concerned about this significant discrepancy and wants to know your explanation for the difference, and what you can do to correct the problem. Training new employees is costly to the company, and this high level of employee turnover is costing her money that could be better spent elsewhere.
You have tried talking with your current concession staff and have learned that pay and scheduling may have some effects on the turnover rate. However, one person also indicated that many of them do not know how to handle difficult customers. This can make some employees not want to come to work.
L.A. #2 Questions---From your reading and consideration of this week’s materials (for ex., for a manager’s need to guide his/her employees toward accomplishing key goals), how would you as the manager work to solve the problem described above ?
In your response, please consider and address (*within the indicated length guideline) such Management concepts/theories as Motivation techniques, effective communication, guiding work groups & teams, mentoring, and other concepts or ideas from your reading to develop a positive “solution” to this problem. In the process of preparing your response, you should feel free to think “outside of the box” (so to speak). In doing this, students could consider resources that would typically be available to the manager that might be helpful in this process (including resources within the organization and perhaps some potential resources outside of it).
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Essays
4/21/2016
Business Tutor: Kathy, Master's Degree replied 1 year ago
Kathy
Kathy, Master's Degree
Dear Customer, Thank you for your request. Unfortunately, after checking my schedule I realize I cannot compromise to complete this assignment for you due to previous engagements. I will opt out to allow an available expert assist you. Kathy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In regard to the question that you did not get credit for:Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.I apologize for an inconvenience.After checking our records, it appears that you have used your old question page to post a new question. If you would like to compensate the Expert for the answer, you will need to repost your question and ask the Expert to re-post her response. Please add the Expert name to the beginning of the question so that they will be alerted (e.g., "This question is for ______").Be sure that you are logged into your account before you post the question so that our system will recognize you as an existing member.You will receive notification once the Expert responds. Please return to your question page and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer.Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Dear Customer,I did respond to your new question, once you rate it, I will be credited for my work. Please let me know if I can help you with any other assignments in the future.Regards, Kathy
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree