Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

Assignment 3: Preparing Informational Interview An

Customer Question
Assignment 3: Preparing for the...
Assignment 3: Preparing for the Informational InterviewAn informational interview is a recommended tool for exploring career options. This assignment is designed to prepare you for an informational interview of a professional in the field of psychology. You will conduct this informational interview during Module 2. Here, in Module 1, you will create a script, design a list of questions, and identify the person you hope to interview. You also need to schedule the interview.In M3 Assignment 2 LASA 1, you will submit a written account of the informational interview you conducted with the psychology professional.You will ask the interviewee to describe the educational and training steps (the career paths) he or she took to reach the current position. You will also ask the interviewee to describe, in some detail, the job responsibilities associated with the position. The interview must be at least thirty minutes long. Ideally, it should be conducted in person. If that is not feasible, a phone interview is adequate.For this assignment, do the following:Begin to prepare for this informational interview by identifying the professional you plan to interview. Ideally, the professional should be engaged in a career that you hope to pursue. (You may want to identify a second candidate in case your initial choice is unable to complete the interview with you.) This professional may work in your local area, but that is not necessary. If you cannot identify a professional easily, ask your friends and family if they know anyone who works in the field of psychology. You may also want to phone your local community mental health center or social services agency to ask for names and contact information of potential professionals you could interview. Contact your facilitator for guidance if you have difficulty in identifying someone.
Provide the following identifying information about the individual you have selected:
The name
The job title (licensed psychologist, social worker, or case manager)
The level of education (a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree)
A description of job responsibilities or day-to-day tasks
The type of license, if applicable
The state of residence and practice
The e-mail address or phone number
Develop a list of at least fifteen questions to ask in your informational interview. Research possible questions to include using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet. Click here to download a copy of the "Job Resources" document and save it to your computer. Refer to the "Job Resources" document to do an Internet search using the search terms "informational interview questions" in order to find suggested questions. Be sure to put them into your own words for the purpose of this assignment and to give credit to your source by using in-text citations and a reference list in APA format.
Ask the interviewee about his or her work, academic preparation, and advice. In addition, include the interviewee's answers to questions on the following topics:
The experience, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in a career in psychology or in graduate school
Relevant professional organizations
His or her views on professional ethics and academic integrity
The role of psychological research in his or her work
His or her greatest challenges and rewards
His or her reasons for choosing the field
Develop a script (word-for-word written statement) that you will use during the warm-up (meet-and-greet) portion of the interview. What will you say to the interviewee when you meet him or her? What will you do? For example, will you shake the person's hand and introduce yourself? Include small talk of a professional nature that will serve as an introduction and explanation of the purpose of the interview. Demonstrate in your script your ability to interact professionally and effectively in a professional environment.
This assignment is preparatory work for the interview to be conducted later in this course. Do not conduct the interview for this assignment.
Submission Details:Write a 1–2-page paper in Microsoft Word format. Apply APA standards to cite sources
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Essays
In M1 Assignment 3, you identified a professional in the field of psychology to interview. You selected an interviewee employed in a psychology-related job that interests you and developed a list of fifteen questions. You also prepared a meet-and-greet plan and a script to use at the beginning of the interview.For this assignment, you will conduct an interview with your chosen psychology professional using those fifteen questions. The interview must last a minimum of thirty minutes. As specified in Module 1, you must ask the interviewee about his or her work, academic preparation, and advice during the interview. Be certain to include the interviewee's answers to your questions on the following topics:The experiences, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in a career in psychology or in graduate school
Relevant professional organizations
Once the interview has been completed, prepare a summary in paragraph format (not question-and-answer format) detailing your meet-and-greet actions and script, the responses you have received from the questions you asked, and a discussion of any impact the interview has had on your decisions regarding possible future employment possibilities.When discussing the impact the interview had on you, be sure to:Discuss at least two strengths and two weaknesses you recognized in yourself after conducting the interview.
Identify at least one step you can take to address those weaknesses so that you strengthen your ability to achieve your chosen career goal.
Submission Details:Write a 3- to 4-page paper in paragraph format in a Microsoft Word document and save it as M3_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc. Cite at least two academic sources, including your interviewee. Apply APA standards to cite your sources.
3/11/2016
Business Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Hi I am seeking a full written new model document for this assignment. I started doing the research and j can provide you with the name of the Doctor I was going to interview if that helps if not you can just google one and improvise. If you can help me get this completed by Monday I can add $tip to the amount listed. Thank you kindly for your time and help with this!

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.