Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

How does this website work? sounds good... that's the exact…

Customer Question
How does this website...

How does this website work?

Tutor's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell us more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

Sounds good... that's the exact assignment i have to do. listed on the website

Tutor's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your business writing homework and ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?

What do i need to do

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Essays
3/1/2016
Business Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

Hello, my name is Greg.

Unfortunately when you start a new question it does not show what you were looking at...

Can you post either your prompt for the question or the link to the page where it is already listed. Also, be sure to include a deadline for your resource.

BUSN 5200Homework Assignment for Week 8:For Week 8, please turn in the answers to the following questions:1. List the three steps that make up the general approach to capital budgeting.2. Define an “Incremental cash flow” as the term is used in capital budgeting.
Incremental cash flow is the additional operating cash flow that an organization receives from taking on a new project. A positive incremental cash flow means that the company's cash flow will increase with the acceptance of the project.3. Your firm is considering buying a new machine that costs $200,000, is expected to generate $110,000 in new revenue each year and will cost $45,000 a year to operate. If your firm's marginal income tax rate is 35% what is the Net Cash Flow your firm will realize from the new machine during the first year? Assume the MACRS depreciation rate for the machine for year 1 is 20%. Note - do not include the cost of the machine in your answer.4. Define the payback period method in capital budgeting and state the payback period decision rule.5. What is the payback period of the following project?Initial Investment: $50,000
Projected life: 8 years
Net cash flows each year: $10,0006. Consider the following income statement and answer the questions that follow:Sales (100 units) $200
Variable costs ($.80 ea) 80
Fixed Costs 20
EBIT 100
Interest Expense 30
EBT 70
Income tax 24
Net Income 46a. What is the firm’s Breakeven Point in units?b. Draw a breakeven chart for this firm.7. Define the Net present Value (NPV) method in capital budgeting and state the NPV decision rule. In economic terms, what does the NPV amount represent?
NPV is the acronym for net present value. Net present value is a calculation that compares the amount invested today to the present value of the future cash receipts from the investment. In other words, the amount invested is compared to the future cash amounts after they are discounted by a specified rate of return.8. Your firm is looking at a new investment opportunity, Project Alpha, with net cash flows as follows:
---- Net Cash Flows ----
Project AlphaInitial Cost at T-0 (Now) ($10,000)
cash inflow at the end of year 1 6,000
cash inflow at the end of year 2 4,000
cash inflow at the end of year 3 2,000Calculate project Alpha's Net Present Value (NPV), assuming your firm’s required rate of return is 10%.9. Define the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) method in capital budgeting and state the IRR Decision rule.10. Calculate the IRR of the following project:Year Cash Flow
0 -$30,000
1 $40,000

Thanks for updating.

I do have a resource for this that will really help as you put together your final responses.

Give me a few minutes to get to it and post it for you.

:)

CLICK HERE for the problems that were done in a Word File

CLICK HERE for the rest of the problems that were completed in EXCEL.

You will just need to reword a bit and meld with your thoughts but everything you need to get a great grade is contained in this resource.

Any questions, respond back and let me know.

PLEASE be sure to rate my response positively when satisfied as that is the only way that I receive any credit for my help today.

I have the resources for this class to help - feel free to request me anytime - just put "For ***** ***** Only" at the front of your post so that it is quickly routed to me for my professional services.

All the best in your studies - have a wonderful rest of the week.