Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

China is a manufacturing superpower. Assume that you are CFO…

Customer Question
China is a manufacturing superpower...
China is a manufacturing superpower. Assume that you are CFO of an automobile manufacturer looking to build a $U.S.800 million plant in China. You are discussing this project with your spouse, who is intelligent, but has no background in finance.
1. Your discussion should begin with a clear and logical step-by-step explanation of the theory behind the concept of "required return" on proposed capital investments. Explain how cost of equity, cost of debt, WACC, and allowances for various risk factors are involved in determining the "required return" on proposed international capital investments.
Companies make capital investments to earn money. The amount of money made is measured as the investments rate of return that is determined by factors such as time, money and risks of the funds from the investment. The required rate of return on proposed capital investments is the amount required by investors before they decide to commit money to an investment at a certain level of risk. If the expected return does not exceed the required return, the investment is not acceptable.
The cost of equity, cost of debt, WACC and allowances for risk factors are all involved in determining the required return on international capital investments. The cost of equity is the rate of return a company pays to investors to compensate for the risk they took from investing capital. The cost of debt includes the cost of equity and this is the rate a company pays on money borrowed. The WACC is
2. Discuss each of the main risk factors that should be allowed for in addition to WACC in order to determine the appropriate required return on this capital investment opportunity.
3. Make a reasonable estimate of the required return, starting with a 12% weighted average cost of capital for the U.S. auto manufacturer, and adding reasonable estimated percentages for each of the separate risk elements you can foresee.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Essays
2/24/2016
Business Tutor: Jawaad Ahmed, Other replied 2 years ago
Jawaad Ahmed

What is your deadline and what should be the length of answer in word limit or page length.

12:00 pm EST tonight. Page length is 5 pages. Thank you!

Can provide in 24 to 48 hours, not before that, take care.

OK. How do I get a refund?

Please contact JA customer service in this regard, thanks.