Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

Essays

The objective of this examination is to give you an

Customer Question
opportunity to effec- tively apply...
The objective of this examination is to give you an opportunity to effec- tively apply (1) the writing process as covered by all six study units and (2) the formats presented in this study unit. To do this, you’ll produce the following three types of business writing using standard written con- ventions for American English. You’ll create all of these items in Word, without the use of templates or email programs, and submit the three required items in ONE document:
• One business letter
• One interoffice memorandum
• One email
Background
Assume that you’ve worked for the last five years as an administrative assistant for the Human Resources Department of Broadworth General Hospital. The Director of Human Resources, Miriam Hopkins, has charged you with organizing a two-hour training seminar to be attended by the hospital’s 20 office supervisors. The seminar should cover sexual harass- ment and unlawful discrimination in the workplace.
For the last 20 years, the hospital has contracted all training through the nationally acclaimed Wydade Consulting Services. Jeremy Dittmer, employee relations specialist, is manager of the local branch of Wydade. He requires a three-month advance notice regarding any training Broadworth needs so he can supply an appropriate trainer and any materials that may be required. This is the first time you’ve dealt directly with Mr. Dittmer.
You must also make all necessary arrangements for the seminar, includ- ing time, date, a room at the hospital for training, any resources the trainer needs, any materials those who attend might need, and light refreshments for a 15-minute break.
Examination
97
Process
Adhere to the following outlined process when writing your exam.
Planning
1. Brainstorm to create the necessary details you’ll need to include your let- ter, memo and email; for example, the mailing addresses for the hospital and consulting firm, the dates, the kinds of training materials, the semi- nar schedule, and so on.
Drafting
2. Using either full block or modified block, draft a letter to Mr. Dittmer to set up the seminar. Your letter must have at least two paragraphs and at least eight complete sentences. Include the following items in your letter:
a. Thanks for the company’s reliable support
b. An explanation of the training need and any special topics to cover c. A request for a trainer to teach the seminar
d. A request for a list of resources the trainer will need
3. Draft an interoffice memorandum to Miriam Hopkins, the Director of Human Resources:
a. Assume that you’ve received confirmation from Jeremy Dittmer for the date, time, and materials needed. The trainer he has assigned is Deb Walker (email:***@******.***).
b. Outline the arrangements you’ve made, providing explanations as needed. Your goal is to assure her that you’ve covered all of the details.
c. Invent any additional details as needed.
4. Using your word processing program, draft an email of at least four com- plete sentences to Deb Walker, the designated trainer:
a. Confirm the arrangements for the seminar, providing only the informa- tion she needs to arrive at the right place at the right time.
b. Copy both Mr. Dittmer (*****@******.***) and Ms. Hopkins (*****@******.***).
c. Create an appropriate email business address for yourself and include it after the signature block.
5. Set all three items aside for at least 24 hours.
98
Examination
Revising
6. Review the letter, memo, and email as you answer the following ques- tions:
a. Have I applied the revision, editing, and proofreading strategies taught in this and previous units?
b. Do my letter, memo, and email include an appropriate beginning, middle, and end?
c. Have I used the formats shown in the study unit for each type of correspondence?
d. Have I included all of the necessary parts, like company letterhead, a simulated signature in the letter in italics or a script font, a head- ing for the memo, To/Cc/Subject lines for the email, and so on?
d. Have I used either the full block or modified block format for the let- ter?
7. Make sure your work matches the evaluation criteria below.
8. Edit and proofread your work at least one more time before submitting it for evaluation. Use your computer’s grammar and spell checks cau- tiously. Not everything the computer suggests is correct, particularly for the purpose and audience.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Essays
1/19/2016
Business Tutor: Ericka Pirtle,
 replied 1 year ago
Ericka Pirtle

Hello, When do you need all of this completed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Today I would like but tomorrow will be fine
Business Tutor: Ericka Pirtle,
 replied 1 year ago

The earliest I can have it done would be tomorrow evening. Is that ok?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That will be fine
Business Tutor: Ericka Pirtle,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello, I am attaching the document with the three items you needed. You will just need to go in and add your name where I put [Your Name] and change the email address to fit the correct format and you should be all set. Please let me know if I need to change anything or if you need any more assistance. Also once you are satisfied with my help please except my answer and rate. Thanks for allowing me to help you.

Business Tutor: Ericka Pirtle,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello just making sure that you received the file.

Business Tutor: Ericka Pirtle,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello just checking in

Ericka Pirtle
Ericka Pirtle
Ericka Pirtle