Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

Essays

Deliverable Length: 800–1,000 words The financial crisis of

Customer Question
Deliverable Length: 800–1,000 words The...
Deliverable Length: 800–1,000 words
The financial crisis of 2008 caused macroeconomists to rethink monetary and fiscal policies. Economists, financial experts, and government policy makers are victims of what former Fed chairman Alan Greenspan called a “once in a century credit tsunami”—in other words, nobody saw it coming.
Based on the analysis of the data, share your thoughts on what caused the financial crisis and whether the United States is going in the right or wrong direction with its current policies.
Focus specifically on the following:
Monetary policy
What monetary policies do you think caused the crisis?
What were the effects of the policies implemented in reaction to the crisis?
Do you think the solutions worked in the short term? In the long term?
Fiscal policies
What fiscal policies do you think caused the crisis?
What were the effects of the fiscal policies implemented in reaction to the crisis?
Make sure you include the following concepts in your analysis:
Interest rates
The financial services industries (CDOs, CMOs, the stock market, credit flows, money markets, etc.)
Tax rebates
Stimulus
TARP
Government debt and deficit
Inflation
Unemployment
GDP
In your opinion, did government intervention help or harm the economy before and after the panic of 2008? Would you have done anything differently?
Make sure you use research to back up your argument.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Essays
Disregard this question. I decided to go ahead and do it myself.
9/22/2015
Business Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

Hello, my name is Greg. Sorry we were not able to help. I will let the moderator know that you no longer need assistance. Feel free to contact us anytime with your questions and have a wonderful rest of the week.

Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree