Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Patton-Fuller Community Hospital Statement of Revenue and

Customer Question

Customer Question
Patton-Fuller Community Hospital
Statement of Revenue and Expense
2009 to 2010 Operating Budget
Complete the Operating Budget. Assume the 2009 projections were realized. Use the 2009 budget and the 2010 budget assumptions to calculate expenses and income for 2010. The revenues have been completed for you.
2009 (Proj) 2010 Budgeted % Change From 2009 Projection 2010 Budget 2010 Operating Budget Assumptions
Revenue Based on these 2009 assumptions: a 3% overall deflation rate for prices in 2009—due to the weak economy—will continue into 2010.
Net patient revenue 459,900 3% 473,697 Patient revenue will continue to increase, but at a decreased rate, with little or no increase in patient volume, due to new managed care contracts.
Other revenue 3,082 15% 3,544 Marketing's plan to increase donations by 15%
Total revenue 462,982 3% 477,241
Expenses
Salaries and benefits 220,752 1% Salaries will hold to a 1% overall increase in cost due to price deflation nationwide, with no increase in labor hours, due to no increase in patient volume. This assumption could be affected by a board decision either to raise nursing wages by $1 per hour or to increase the nursing hour ratio.
Supplies 74,584 -3% Supplies cost will decrease 3% due to the price deflation and our current over-stock purchased last year.
Physician and professional fees 110,376 3% Contracts for fees have a built-in 3% increase.
Utilities 1,200 5% Utilities cost will increase to the rising cost of oil partially offset by the efficiency of the hospital's new heating and cooling systems.
Other 1,840 0% No net change in the cost or volume of these items.
Depreciation & amortization (noncash expenses) 36,036 0% Some high-cost equipment—air conditioning, telephone system, all patient beds, and headwalls—were replaced in 2009, and depreciation rose sharply. Depreciation will remain at this level in 2010.
Interest 3,708 30% The repayment plan for any monies borrowed in 2009 will come due in 2010, with a sharp increase in interest cost.
Provision for doubtful accounts 13,797 10% The renegotiation of managed care plans has delayed collection and made collections less certain.
Total expenses 462,293 Total expenses will rise ____%.
Income
Operating income 689 Operating Income will improve, with the hospital's loss reduced by 2/3.
Loss (nonoperating income)
Investment income (62) The market is down, expected to hold steady; a zero-return is expected, with neither losses nor gains.
Net income 627 The hospital will continue its dramatic turnaround, taking advantage of the stagnation in patient volume, price deflation, the efficiency of new equipment, and the improved arrangements with the managed care companies.
Category: Essays
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

CLICK HERE for the resource on this prompt.

Be sure to rate my response positively, when satisfied, so I receive credit for my help today.

**********
What can you expect now.... It may take several responses back and forth in order to try to provide the resources and support you need on this question. As soon as an expert responds, you are charged for the question value you have places. I am not an employee of this Website but am working for, and paid by, you as the customer when you rate my response as okay, good, or excellent (or 3, 4, or 5 stars depending on the rating system you are provided). Remember that you are rating my professional services and not the Website itself (or issues you have with the site itself). If you are thinking of leaving a lower rating, please be sure to reply back first to see if I am able to assist further with your prompt.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Mr. White, can you help with the last part of the question posted?

Total expenses

462,293

??

468126

Total expenses will rise 1.27% ???

2009 (Proj)

2010 Budgeted % Change From 2009 Projection

2010 Budget

2010 Operating Budget Assumptions

Income

468126

Operating income

689

?

?

Operating Income will improve, with the hospital's loss reduced by 2/3.

Loss (nonoperating income)

Investment income

(62)

0

0

The market is down, expected to hold steady; a zero-return is expected, with neither losses nor gains.

Net income

627

?

?

The hospital will continue its dramatic turnaround, taking advantage of the stagnation in patient volume, price deflation, the efficiency of new equipment, and the improved arrangements with the managed care companies.

Sorry about that - yes, 1.27% rise.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am very sorry, one more question. For the income statement can you help me with the net income and operating income changes from 2009 to 2010 and the 2010 budget #'s?

2009 (Proj)

2010 Budget

2010 Operating Budget Assumptions

Income

468129

Operating income

689

-66.6%

459

Loss (nonoperating income)

Investment income

(62)

0

0

Net income

627

?

?

It is not displaying properly above and I cannot see what you are still needing.
Let me know if you need any further assistance. All the best in your studies.