Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I am working on a paper business law class and

Customer Question

Hello, I am working on a paper for a business law class and I am having trouble with the correct "legal terms" for the paper. The scenario and questions we need to answer are:
"Scenario: In 2009, Shawn, Bryan, and Mike formed an llc to sell books on consignment from Suppliers 1 and 2. Shawn and Mike chose a location in a mall owned by Strip Mall 4, Inc. The book business took a $100,000 loan at 11% from Razorback, LLC, a venture capital firm, to buy some additional merchandise for the store from Suppliers 2 and 3. Shawn and Bryan cosigned for the loan.
The business performed well until December 2011, when Mike yelled at Greg, a customer, and threatened to punch him for criticizing Hunter Thompson novels. Greg filed suit in January 2012. The business immediately notified Suppliers 2 and 3 that it would not be able to pay for June shipments. Razorback also heard of the lawsuit and sold the loan for $80,000 to Tiger. Oh, Greg did win a judgment in May 2012.
Discuss:
1. What parties Greg sued, for what cause of action, and why.
2. Shawn, Bryan, and Mike’s liability to: ***** ***** Suppliers, Razorback, Tiger, Greg, and Strip Mall 4.
3. Each parties’ options for collecting and what they will collect.
4. A customer’s ability to purchase merchandise from the store and be reasonably certain she owns it (free from any liens or other security interests).
5. Provide a recommendation to Shawn and Bryan for continuing the business without Mike. This includes all of their business problems, plus getting rid of Mike. What are the steps to get this done?
For each part, discuss each party’s rights over time and consider all of the options. If you do not know certain facts, tell me exactly where you need to go to find them."
The first question I think he would have sued the LLC, Mike and the Mall. The LLC because that is the business he was at where he was threatened. Mike because he is the person that actually threatened him and the Mall because that is the location the threat occurred. I am not sure how to explain the "for what cause of action" as I don't know the terms well enough to feel comfortable using them.
The second question I think I understand and don't need any specific help with that one.
The third question I don't understand at all and am not sure where to go with that?
The fourth question I wasn't sure how consignments work and if she the customer) would own it or if the store still owns it?
The fifth question I would need help with the correct terms and way that Shawn and Bryan could continue the store without Mike and how they would go about getting rid of him.
I know that is a lot and if you don't have time for all of it any little bit of help is appreciated!! Business Law is not something I am the best at understanding. Thank you!
Category: Essays
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This assignment is due tomorrow and I would really appreciate any help on this. If you can just give a straight to the point answer for questions 1, 3, 4 and 5 I can write it into the paper. I just need an idea on how to answer these questions.If anything is holding you back from answering please let me know.
Thanks!
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.
Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.
If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?