Essays

Need Help With Essays? Ask an Essay Tutor Online.

Essays

ASSIGNMENTPurposeThis examination will give you practice

Customer Question
ASSIGNMENT Purpose This examination will give you...
ASSIGNMENT
Purpose
This examination will give you practice applying all the writing skills you’ve learned in the first four study units by developing two separate paragraphs of 8–12 sentences each.
Paragraph 1
Background
You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of study. The Human Resources Department arranges an interview and tells you to bring with you a polished piece of writing for them to evaluate your writing skills. The paragraph must describe one particular experience you’ve had that inspired you or guided you to choose the type of position for which you applied.
Your audience is your potential employer and your purpose is to show you have thought carefully about what and/or who has motivated you toward this career choice and why. In addition, you want to convey your enthusiasm for this position as it relates to your inspiring experience. Take time to think about what your audience wants to know and strive to reach a balance between informal and formal business writing.
Process
1. Prewrite about your field of study and create a specific job for which you might want to apply at a particular business or organization in your area. Outline what that position would look like. Brainstorm details, names, titles, and facts to provide depth to your paragraph and enable you to write a polished paragraph.
2. Freewrite about the different experiences you’ve had that motivated you to choose your area of study. Pick one on which to focus—one that triggers sparks of enthusiasm. Review your prewriting and choose what’s most pertinent to the experience and position. Decide on an organizational pattern, such as a chronological outline, and arrange those details into a logical, coherent flow.
3. Open a Word document and type the heading Paragraph 1. Begin your rough draft with the topic sentence, in which you state the position and place, as well as your reason for wanting to be hired as it relates to your inspiring experience. Develop the experience you organized in Step 2. Include not only details about the one experience, but also show how that experience inspired you, particularly as it relates the position for which you’re applying. Develop your paragraph using clear, varied sentences containing concrete words and transitions or connectives to create a logical flow. Show enthusiasm, yet maintain a somewhat formal tone.
Paragraph 2
Background
Your favorite cousin has moved to your town and is looking for a job. Her previous experiences are working as a cashier and sales clerk at two department stores. You know she plans to apply at similar stores in your town. But you also know she is a perfect match for a job opening as a reliable assistant to your boss. You know she has the skills, though she doesn’t think she is as capable as she is, and you’re sure she’d be good at this job.
Your goal is to persuade your cousin to apply for the job. You email her a paragraph explaining the specifics of the job and the reasons she should apply. You want to convince her that she has the job skills required. You’ll use an informal tone, of course, but will take care to use correct business writing to show her that you take your recommendation seriously
Process
1. Using your imagination, create the kind of skills the job as boss’s assistant requires. Make up names for your boss and the company, as well as any facts that might help you prove your case to your cousin. Freewrite about the skills you’ve seen her show in other settings and about how you can convince her to use those abilities in this position. In addition, consider personality traits that show she would work well with your boss. Also make up details and figures about how this job will benefit your cousin personally and professionally.
2. Circle the information your cousin most needs to hear to be persuaded to apply for this job. You won’t be able to use everything you made up. Organize the details and explanation using an order of importance pattern.
3. Open the Word document containing your draft of Paragraph 1 and begin a new page. Type the heading Paragraph 2 and draft your 8–12 sentence paragraph. Begin with the topic sentence, in which you establish your confidence in your cousin and spark her interest in applying for this job. Develop your paragraph using clear, varied sentences and concrete words with transitions or connectives that create a logical flow. Use the information you’ve identified as most important and make your paragraph as persuasive as possible.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Essays
Answered in 1 day by:
4/30/2015
Business Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Hello, my name is Greg.
Are you seeking resources to use as you prepare your own final response or for a newly written model?
Is there any additional information (rubrics, files, etc) that you can provide (if a file, you can upload using a file sharing site, such as wikisend.com, and then share the link here).
I am not seeking resources. This is all the instructions that I have
After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.
I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.
Someone should be with you shortly.
thanks
Good day, I have not heard from any one as yet. I would like to know if there is any progress.

lescenta
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree