Entertainment

Have entertainment questions? Ask an Expert online

I remember a very time ago seeing a movie about a family…

I remember a very long...
I remember a very long time ago seeing a movie about a family stranded on an island or forest where one morning, the father swims underwater for whatever reason when suddenly a whale appears. He tries hiding until the whale goes away. He desperately waits for the whale to leave because he's holding his breath underwater as long as he could, for he can't go up for air until the whale leaves. He weasels out of the danger, but I don't remember how. Was this movie "An American Wilderness Family" or "The Robinson Swiss Family" or what? Whichever one it is, what is the educational reading grade level for the "unabridged" version of the book of this movie? Thank you.
12/28/2017
Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst

Good evening,

Quite the question tonight as researching options that could be what you saw and read. Have though not found anything as a match to what you describe. My thought is that the movie you saw was not made from a book as nothing has come up in any of my searches with the information you have provided. There are many movies that offer the plot of families stranded so hard to narrow down.

I have ruled out the American Wilderness Family as story line is not anything that you have stated in terms of a whale etc.

As for Swiss Family Robinson, it is a possibility as what I can offer is the reading level for that book which is unabridged at Age Range: 11 to 14.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
It may have been a shark too. But I don't know. Thank you.