Entertainment

Have entertainment questions? Ask an Expert online

I am looking for the name of a particular movie. It is a…

I am looking for the...
I am looking for the name of a particular movie. It is a older black and white movie set in the world war 1 or 2 time period. I don’t remember any of the particulars about the movie, except in the end.. there were two American guys in a machine gun position. One guy was manning the machine gun, and sending rounds down range. The other guy may have been hurt, but still alive. The machine gunner pauses, looks at the other guy, and tells him “merry Christmas”, and resumes fire. The film ends with him continuing to fire.
12/25/2017
Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

Quite the question for today as researching what I think is the movie you might be thinking of.

My research points to the movie "Pork Chop Hill" as in this book listed in the link below that "When help finally arrives, Towler registers his relief by invoking an important icon that both men share as Americans. "Merry Christmas" Towler says with a smile. "Same to you Sergeant" Kincade replies. The soundtrack for the final scene plays "When the Saints Go Marching in" while Towler sprays the enemy with his machine gun.

Page 49-50

https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=isbn(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Thank you. This movie brings back family Christmas dinner memories with my grandfather.

Very glad to be of help. Have a Happy Christmas.

Librarian Michael