Entertainment

Have entertainment questions? Ask an Expert online

I remember parts of a movie but can't remember the name of…

Customer Question
Hi, I remember parts of...
Hi, I remember parts of a movie but can't remember the name of it and it's driving me nuts. Any sci-fi movie gurus out there?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Entertainment
11/4/2017
Entertainment Expert: Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT replied 9 months ago
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT

Hello, and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm probably going to waste your time because I know I have wasted mine on IMDB and google..
You a fan of recent sci-fi?

Well, let's take a chance and see what we can come up with! : )

Do you remember any names of characters or actors from the movie?

About when did it come out (year)?

Please tell me the parts you remember and the ending, if you remember, that.

I am a fan, but after you answer my few questions, would you mind waiting until tomorrow afternoon for an answer, if I can figure it out? I'm on the East Coast and it's very late here; I was about to sign offline when your question came in, but I'd love to help.

I'd greatly appreciate your patience if you can wait until tomorrow.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Cher

It came out I would say between 2011-2015
Have you seen "Morgan"?Let me know if you need to crash but I won't be long
It's cool, I know you're tired, hit me up tomorrow
Entertainment Expert: Martin, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Martin, Engineer

I sure can give it a try also. I watch pretty much all of them.

Good morning

Hi. I still have 20 min before going to a job for about 5 hours.

Ok, can we chat on here? I shouldn't be long

As for Morgan, i have not saw it yet. The trailer remembered me of The Machine (2013) when i saw it.

yes we can

No this was two genetically altered kids (alien DNA?) one girl one boy with telepathic/telekinesis powers. Both kept in clear enclosures. Eventually the girl starts killing everyone and in the end they both leave the facility together

I now have to go, please let me the detailed description of the movie and key scene, actor you saw in other movies etc... and i will post back what i think it is when i get back in 5h (perhaps a bit less).

OK thanks

Hello again, and thanks for your understanding re: my having to sign offline last night! : )

This is Cher, the original expert who answered you.

From your description, it sounds like this movie could be "The Signal", from 2014, with Laurence Fishburne. Here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWMqTOCKGNA

--------------

Do you think this is the movie you're thinking of? If not, I will continue to help.

When you reply, please be sure to put "For Cher" to begin your post, since a different expert also became involved. Thanks!

Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal and I welcome any follow-up questions you may have on this subject, at no additional charge.

At the conclusion of our correspondence, your 5-star rating will be most appreciated, as this will enable me to continue to send quality answers to additional clients and receive recognition from the website for my assistance.

Best wishes,

Cher

For CherSorry that's not it. It was kinda a mix of Splice and Morgan

Hi, again.

Thanks for your prompt reply; sorry that wasn't it.

Were there any actors/actresses that you recognized from another movie, who was in this one?

I'm continuing my search.

Best regards,

Cher

For CherNo I don't remember any. If I did it would be super easy to track down via IMDB

Yes, this is true! : )

Did you see this in the movie theater, on DVD, etc.?

For CherI rented it on DVD but it was well produced. Have you seen Splice and Morgan? That would help you.Basically

Hi, again.

Was it ever in the theaters, or did it go straight to DVD?

Yes, I've seen Splice and Morgan and I see why you brought them up.

I'm continuing to research this for you.

Best regards,

Cher

For CherI'm really not sure if it was in theaters, I don't go to the movies often. I got it from Redbox so it can't be too obscure.There's a genetically altered Girl who looks off, like the Splice girl. There is also a boy who is an "earlier version". In the end they both escape and walk out of the facility.Hmm, I wonder if Redbox has a list of all movies they've had in the machine..

Thanks for that info. I'm searching more, based on your additional details. In "Splice", the human DNA was mixed with animal DNA, not alien, but that brought to mind another movie, that I'm searching for, now.

That's a good idea about Redbox, but if they had such a list, it would be expansive! : )

Hi, again.

I'm so sorry, but I think, as you mentioned earlier, it will not be possible to find the name of this movie. However, if I come across something in the future, I'll be sure to let you know.

Best regards,

Cher