Entertainment

Have Entertainment Questions? Ask an Expert

Entertainment

I have written a book about my Vietnam experiences. I would

I have written a book...
I have written a book about my Vietnam experiences. I would like to use in the book the verses from "All Along the Watch Tower" from Bob Dylan's John Wesley Harding album. How do I proceed? Who do contact for approval. Thanks!
Jim C.
10/14/2013
Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Always important to get approval from those that represent Mr. Dylan before you go to print on your book about your Vietnam experiences.

Contact those listed below and explain in detail why you are requesting to use the lyrics from one of his songs. His manager as well as the law firm that represents Mr. Dylan should be the contacts from which to start. Your editor and/or yourself sending a letter would be the first step in getting approval.

http://famous-relationships.topsynergy.com/Bob_Dylan/Contact.asp
Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst

Thank you! I will get to work.

Your welcome as work with your editor on having a letter put together about your request and you should hear back from either Mr Dylan's editor and/or law firm soon.

Best of luck on your book!

Michael
Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst

Thank you very much for your help. Just this morning I was notified that I will be issued a license to use the song lyrics for a specific use.

Jim C.

Wonderful news! Congrats and good luck on the book.

No need to rate this answer as you have already been kind enough to do so already.

Take care,

Michael
Michael
Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst