Entertainment

Have Entertainment Questions? Ask an Expert

Entertainment

Is their anyone who still works for the movie industry in any

country?...
Is their anyone who still works for the movie industry in any country?
8/1/2012
Ask Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to working with you today. I currently work in the entertainment industry and should be able to help you with your inquiry.

Are you asking if actors still have (X) number picture deals with movie studios ? If so, the answer is yes.

If you are asking if the movie industry still employs people the answer is yes. The movie industry is still vital.

Please let me know if you need further clarification and I am happy to provide more detailed information.

Thank you and I look forward to your response,

Veronica
Hi Veronica. I want to know people who work in movie studios and make movies are all the people bad since one said that he works for hollywood and some other two people said the people they work with in movies basically told me not to care about if their all bad people in movie industry or not I wanted an answer if people in movies are mostly nice or not that was all and they said other stuff which i didn't need to know. Am worried because I only want to meet nice people in the movie industry in Hollywood, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Korea so I can have good friendships with them and find a nice girl friend when I become a movie director and script writer in the future?
Hello and thank you for your fast response. I believe you are asking me if there are "nice and respectable" people within the movie industry. The answer is of course you can find some nice people in the movie industry, however, the movie industry is filled with a lot of not so nice people as well.

It is as hard if not harder to obtain work in the movie industry as a non actor. These jobs are highly sought after. Also, because so much money is involved in the production of a movie it is all about sales and how much that movie earns. So at the end of the day, no matter how well you may do your job, if the film does not perform well, you may no longer have a job.

I seems that you are considering becoming a movie director and script writer. That is a great goal to have, and you certainly will need to start working in the movie industry to learn the ropes. My advice is to have a thick skin and never take anything personally.

Please know I am rewarded for my work if you rate me positively. My goal is Excellent and I want you to feel I have done an Excellent job answering your question.

Also, I am an Entertainment Career Consultant and you may want to visit me at that site in the future if you choose to move forward with your plan to work in the movie industry. You can find me by clicking the link and typing your question in the box provided :

http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=64268913&FID=11342

Thank you for allowing me to work with you today and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Best,

Veronica
Thank you very much.

Well i only want to make good friends or brothers in Asia but work as a film runner volunteering and do small projects in the United Kingdom then when I get the experience will know what's it like and go to film school in London a few years from now and doing some online and offline courses for making movies and knowing about it knowledge and how and what to do now.

Because what am thinking is if I want to be with a girl whose a model not sure if like you say their are a lot of nasty people so not sure if models in Japan are bad and rude and racist and bias same as in the movie industry?

Also because the celebrities I see on behind the scenes and on my Chinese Channel they seem nice people otherwise if they were bad they wouldn't get along with each other acting and I want to know the same with Korea and Japan and China like treating each other like family not because am just famous?
That is great that you have a goal in mind and are taking classes and volunteering.

You are correct that sometimes being an intern on a production is just as valuable.

I work with models ever day and they are regular people. Some are nice and some are not, but I think they would be that way even if they were not a model.

You are correct that certain movie industries like to only hire people of the same race and/or look.

There is some truth to watching behind the scenes material, but keep in mind the actor is still on camera and he or she will likely want to present themselves in a positive manner.

Veronica
I see i accept what you say but want a good Japanese model any as long as it's not a porn model star because i want to meet these models nice ones and I like helping people.
That is great that you like helping people and I am sure you will find a nice Japanese model. I represent many very nice Japanese models.

Veronica
Do you what are they like those japanese models any nice manner ones and japanese culture and well disciplined most of them?
In my experience, it takes a disciplined and well mannered person to enter modeling at a young age and be able to travel all over the world and meet with clients.

If you have a bad temper and no manners, you will not get very far in the modeling business when starting out. So yes, in my personal experience, the Japanese models I work with are well mannered and disciplined.

Veronica
Oh so to get into the model industry you need to be well mannered and disciplined otherwise you can't do it at all?
No. If you have the right looks and photograph well, you have a chance to get into the modeling industry. However, if a model starting out has a bad attitude and has poor manners at "go-see's", or auditions, it is likely his or her career will not get off the ground.

Veronica
Oh I knew that but are they honest people those japanese models because they might be pretending to do well in the job when they just want the money or just have to make themselves nice because they want to be a model?
In my personal opinion based on my own experience, yes, they are honest on and off the set.

Veronica
Ask Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.
Oh I see do you mind me asking for your personal opinion and a personal question nothing rude that is direct you get what I mean?
No, I am not sure what you are referring to but I am happy to answer any question that I know the answer for.

As I mentioned earlier, I am in other fields on this site.

I am an On-Line Dating Consultant and you can visit by clicking this link and typing in the box below:

http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=64268913&FID=11420

For Career related questions, you can visit :

For all of your other entertainment needs, you can request me in the future by typing "CustomerOnly" in the subject line.

I do hope I have provided excellent service to you and if you agree, please rate me as such or I do not get credit for assisting you today.

Much appreciated,

Veronica
Thank you very much for your excellent service rating. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance,

Veronica
No problem.
Smile
That's the point I was getting at in this original question same as models the people who work for movies like movie crew, actors, directors, script writers and producers are they like models because I only want to meet nice people in movie studios now that I can explain it more?
Yes, I understand. A model is more likely to be nice than people who work in the movie industry like producers, script writers ect.....

As I mentioned earlier, it is even more competitive to get those kind of jobs. There is a lot trying to get yourself ahead and it is often hard to make friends,

A model has an Agent, someone like me, to fight for them to get ahead so they do not have the same stress.

Is that clear ? Very good question.

Veronica
Is it the same hard to make friends with movie crew, producers, movie directors and actors in Japan, Hong Kong, China and Korea i see they think differently they seem more work together better what I see on my Chinese Channel you know TVB?

And I want to make good friendships?
I would say that it is the same no matter what country you want to work in. Although it is competitive and can be hard to make friends, it is possible to make friends.

When I started at the bottom, I had a lot in common with the other new people at the bottom. We all became friends. As some of us got promoted and went forward, and some others did not, the ones that did not, found it hard to still be our friend and that was very sad.

Then I had some friends who when they moved to a different company that competed with the company I worked for, they changed and became competitive and stopped being my friend,

Like I said, it is not an easy business. But in other ways, it is incredibly fulfilling.

I have been meaning to ask you, may I call you by your first name ? And if yes, what is your first name ?

And, please know I am only paid for my time if you accept the answers you are happy with and I appreciate your positive rating in advance.

Veronica
You mean here you want to know my first name?: I have been meaning to ask you, may I call you by your first name ? And if yes, what is your first name ?
Yes, please do call me by my first name Veronica. And yes, I would like to call you by your first name as well, but I do not know what it is.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Veronica
William British Born Chinese.
Hello William ! Just like the Prince !!!!!

Nice to officially meet you. Please start a new thread for further questions,

Thank you,

Veronica
Ha ha ha lol thank you. Laughing

When you meant for further questions do you mean new ones I don't want to get things wrong again like i said before 3rd account now with the subscription don't want to go wrong?
Yes Prince William,

Please start a new thread for an additional question.

Veronica
Thank you lol. Laughing
Wink
Already rated final one to make sure you know.
I really appreciate it William. Wink

Veronica
No problem.
You said in this thread or post i should have said yes it's clear what you said sorry not feeling well ill since i have my illnesses so do things wrong and misunderstand things sorry or not notice it or forget it:

Is that clear ? Very good question.

Veronica
What does go-see's mean you mentioned it in this post?: No. If you have the right looks and photograph well, you have a chance to get into the modeling industry. However, if a model starting out has a bad attitude and has poor manners at "go-see's", or auditions, it is likely his or her career will not get off the ground.

I posted answer in your follow up question.Smile
Ask Veronica
Ask Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.