Entertainment

Have Entertainment Questions? Ask an Expert

Entertainment

Are there any legitimate companies on the Internet for submitting

movie or TV show ideas...
Are there any legitimate companies on the Internet for submitting movie or TV show ideas? I found one, http://www.moviepitch.com/index.html , but I'm not sure if it's worth spending $20 on their CD.
4/16/2012
Erdaram
Erdaram, Composer, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will endeavor to answer your question.

Yes there is. Whereby I cannot confirm that http://www.moviepitch.com/index.html is legitimate of not legitimate, I can tell you that if your ideas are legitimately good. that
http://www.tvwritersvault.com/ is were you want to go.

You have to honestly have great ideas which appeal to the masses however, or it will not matter where you go to submit your material, it still will not do any good if what you are submitting is not great material.

Hi Eric, I clicked on your profile and it says that you're a Home Improvement Expert. How can you validate the answer you gave? I was hoping for an Entertainment Industry Expert to give an answer. If you can give me legitimate reasons why you are suggesting that site (which I had already found, but was even more skeptical about than the Movie Pitch site), I'll accept your answer.

LOL, yes I was first originally a Home Improvement expert here (and still am). Because I decided that after our 3rd of 5 kids I needed to make money instead of pursuing the dream of becoming a star! Kids seem to get hungry every so often...

So I became a contractor. It's a good thing too because over the years, the income from building and remodeling homes is the only way I have been able to afford to buy and maintain literally over $100K worth of musical instruments and state of the art music and recording equipment!

I am however, also an entertainment expert here: You can view my entertainment profile at: http://www.justanswer.com/entertainment/expert-erdaram/ and was for many years a member of NARAS.

I still keep busy playing weekends and also recording and arranging for people who are still pursuing or have (to one degree or another) already reached stardom. I am very much still connected to "the industry"

I recommended http://www.tvwritersvault.com/ because we actually get this question quite often and before I could recommend someplace the first time I took a question like this, I did my due diligence to vet the agency and from everything I could gather, determined that it was a legit operation.

If you are more comfortable, investigate http://www.tvwritersvault.com/ some maybe even become a member, before you accept my answer. I have no problem with that. Just please don't forget me later!

Also, if you do get involved with them and on the remote chance that your personal experience with them is less than favorable, PLEASE let me know, so I will stop recommending them!

Erdaram
Good answer! I was hoping you were more than just a Home Improvement Expert. When I clicked on your username, only the Home Improvement profile came up, so maybe JustAnswer can fix that for you. Thanks for providing the link to your Entertainment profile. I'll go ahead and accept now. I'm probably going to submit my idea to both sites and see how that goes. I'll let you know if my idea ever becomes a reality.
Yes please do. It would be real cool to be able to say met you when! As long as you do not close this Question you can come back here indefinitely.

LOL, if you become a famous TV writer/producer, please let me know!

entertalent
entertalent, Entertainment Industry Executive

There are a few websites you can visit to pitch a variety of movie/tv show ideas. Here's a list to get you started:

www.VirtualPitchFest.com

www.lyonsentertainment.net

www.tvwritersvault.com

www.equerydirect.com

www.abc.net.au/tv/independent/children_projects.htm

MTV, VH1, and Discovery Channel are some of the networks that directly accept pitches from the public. However, they specialize in unscripted programming. The first step would be to send your material/pitch to their headquarters. Addresses can be found at their websites. They usually want a treatment first and if they are interested, they will contact you.

Before you submit your pitches, however, your first stop should be the WGAW Registry at www.wgawregistry.org. This registry allows you to protect yourself from plagerism and give comfort to companies that accept your pitches. It does not take the place of copyrighting your material, but is commonly used in the industry as a way to solidify that the material is your work.

entertalent
entertalent
entertalent