Entertainment

Have Entertainment Questions? Ask an Expert

Entertainment

Whats the proper way to cook smoke turkey wings to flavor

Customer Question
What's the proper way to...
What's the proper way to cook smoke turkey wings to flavor greens? Everytime I cook the meat it has no taste and the likker does not add flavor to greens or cabbage. What am I doing wrong? Am I cooking it too long and with too much water?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Entertainment
11/14/2011
Entertainment Expert: Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT replied 6 years ago
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking; do you want to cook the greens with the smoked turkey wings to flavor the greens, or do you want a liquid from the smoked turkey wings to pour over/cook the greens with?

How have you been cooking the smoked turkey wings in the past?

Your clarification will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Cher
I want to cook the greens with the smoked turkey wings to flavor the greens. In the past I've cooked the smoked turkey wings first then I use the likker to cook the greens in. I break pieces of the smoke meat and add to the greens after they cook, but like I said there is no flavor in the meat or the greens.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional and helpful information.

Here are some recipes that you can adjust to suit your taste, which will give a lot of flavor to the collard greens and the turkey meat:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tanya-holland/collard-greens-with-smoked-turkey-wings-recipe2/index.html

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Collard-Greens-with-Smoked-Turkey-Wings

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1950,156190-247204,00.html

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
I already look at recipes but I wanted a first-hand account of someone who had experience actually cooking smoked turkey wings with greens and their meal came out delicious. But since I am on a subscription plan I will approve this anyway.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

I have actually cooked this, following a recipe very similar to the second one I included for you (from 'Saveur') and I found that substituting half the water with chicken broth or chicken stock helps to make it more flavorful. You had also mentioned cabbage in your initial question, so I thought you might find this recipe just for the greens and cabbage, helpful; you can always add the cooked turkey meat to this combination, also:
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Cabbage-and-Collards?cmpid=cb

I hope you found this helpful and thank you for your intention to accept my answer.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Cher
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT