Entertainment

Have entertainment questions? Ask an Expert online

What are the lyrics to you cant keep a good man down by

Customer Question
What are the lyrics to...
What are the lyrics to "you can't keep a good man down" by james and bobby purify
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Entertainment
6/14/2011
Entertainment Expert: Chris Miller, Internet Researcher replied 7 years ago
Chris Miller
Chris Miller, Internet Researcher

Hello, and thanks for the question.

The lyrics are as follows:

He said goodbye to the angels of heaven
And he came to Earth as a common man
He taught us how we could love one another
There was healing in His hands

There where those who believed and followed Him
And there where those who wanted Him dead
They thought the grave would silence Him forever
But they found out instead

CHORUS:
You can close your eyes
You can say it's a lie
You can stick your head in the sand
You can turn away even try to explain
He was just another man
When they nailed Him to the cross by His hands and His feet and they put Him in the ground
Three days later everybody found out that ya can't
No you can't keep a good man down, no
No you can't keep a good man down

I hear you say that it all sounds crazy
It's a good story but it can't be true
How could a man who was dead and buried
Mean a thing to me and you

Here we are two thousand years later
And still the choice is just the same
You can say that ya don't believe it
But it doesn't change a thing

REPEAT CHORUS

BRIDGE:
I can take you to the hill where they hung Him on a cross
I can take you the empty tomb
I can tell you He's alive 'cause He lives in me
But the rest is up to you

REPEAT CHORUS TWICE

Reference:

http://www.lyrics.com/you-cant-keep-a-good-man-down-lyrics-james-bobby-purify.html

That is not the song
Sorry, this song by the same title is incorrectly listed on the site as by James and Bobby Purify. I'll continue to look for those lyrics for you.
I found lyrics to several of this duo's songs, but not the "You Can't Keep a Good Man Down" lyrics. I'll opt out and perhaps some other expert will be able to assist you. Good luck and hope you find these.
It was all the album entittled "shake your tail feathers" also on the album was "I'm your puppet"
Entertainment Expert: Martin, Engineer replied 7 years ago
Martin, Engineer
Hello, i have that track. I can't find the lyric but i wrote most of what i can decode. I am not great at this so i miss some part. hopefully you can fill the blank if you have the track. If you don't have it i can't upload it for you but i could update the part that i can't figure out if you want to try (even at 70% of the speed i can't get it right on 2 part).

I know baby i'm the last one on your list.
I’m holding last place on the lips I long to kiss.
It seems so hopeless I got so far to go, but there is just one thing that I want you to know.
That you can't keep a good man down no baby you cant keep a good man down.

I know baby that you never look my way.
But ill keep searching for those right little words to say.
I don't know what ill have to do to change your mind.
But some day baby wake up and find
that you can't keep a good man down no baby you cant keep a good man down.

And now you got me "friend but will keep right on try ..."on you
I love you so much stronger
and i'm gonna love you so much longer
that anybody else would do
no you can't keep a good man down no baby you cant keep a good man down.

Ill keep climbing till i'm right up there on top
I love you so much and i never never never gonna stop
I won't be satisfied till i "..."
I love you too much and i'm not gonna be outdone
So you can't keep a good man down no baby you cant keep a good man down.

I want to tell you that you can't keep a good man down no baby you cant keep a good man down.

I want to tell you that you can't keep a good man down no baby you cant keep a good man down. (this fade away)
Martin, Engineer