How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Category: Entertainment
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  Attorney in California since 1983
Type Your Entertainment Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, my question is in regards XXXXX XXXXXong royalties. Im a songwriter

Resolved Question:

Hi, my question is in regards XXXXX XXXXX royalties. I'm a songwriter from Canada who just received his US green card. My songs are registered with SOCAN in Canada and any time they are used in a Canadian television or radio context I receive royalties through SOCAN. Now that I'm in the USA my songs will be played frequently on US radio and I will appear on US television. Do I need to register my songs with a USA performance-rights royalty entity? Such as who?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 6 years ago.
, we pay royalties to Canadian music creators and publishers when their music is performed in other countries, by virtue of reciprocal agreements with these PROs

If you do not trust SOCAN to collect royalties on US performances, you can join
ASCAP, see

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Atty and other Entertainment Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my answer.