Entertainment

Have Entertainment Questions? Ask an Expert

Entertainment

What song are these the lyrics from Mama, I just killed a

Customer Question
What song are these the...
What song are these the lyrics from? "Mama, I just killed a man! but it's not bohemian rapsody by Queen, it's a black male artist
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Entertainment
12/31/2010
Entertainment Expert: Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT replied 7 years ago
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

This line is from the lyrics of the song of the same title: "Mama I Just Killed a Man", by Mic Geronimo:
http://www.lyricsmania.com/mama_i_just_killed_a_man_lyrics_mic_geronimo.html

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX Holidays,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 12/31/2010 at 8:13 AM EST
<p>That's not the song. Mic Geronimo came up on my google search. The song I'm looking for is not a rap, it's more like a slower ballad. played on black radio stations in the 90's.</p><p> additonal information...in the song, the man is singing from jail. my apologies...maybe the lyric is "shot a man" not killed a man</p>
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

I will research this further for you based on your new information and let you know what I find. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Cher
Hi again,

When you mentioned that in the song, the man is singing from jail, the first thing that came to mind was Johnny Cash's 'Folsom Prison Blues', which does contain this line, "I shot a man". Of course this was not initially done in the 90's, but maybe it was a remake which you heard on the radio. I found a remake made by Everlast and DJ Muggs, but it seems to be from the 2000's not the '90's.

Folsom Prison Blues

I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine,
Since, I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Folsom Prison,
And time keeps draggin' on,
But that train keeps a-rollin',
On down to San Antone.

When I was just a baby,
My Mama told me, "Son,
Always be a good boy,
Don't ever play with guns,"
But I shot a man in Reno,
Just to watch him die,
When I hear that whistle blowin',
I hang my head and cry.

I bet there's rich folks eatin',
In a fancy dining car,
They're probably drinkin' coffee,
And smokin' big cigars,
But I know I had it comin',
I know I can't be free,
But those people keep a-movin',
And that's what tortures me.

Well, if they freed me from this prison,
If that railroad train was mine,
I bet I'd move out over a little,
Farther down the line,
Far from Folsom Prison,
That's where I want to stay,
And I'd let that lonesome whistle,
Blow my Blues away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please let me know if this is the song you had in mind, and if not, I will continue to research it for you. If you can remember any other details re: the artist (you're positive he's black?), this will help.

Regards,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 12/31/2010 at 9:59 PM EST
sorry but that's not the song. 99.9 sure the artist is black. black radio station and definitive african-american sound. the song has an apologetic tone (to mom). I think it is from the 2000's, I'm not good with dates or time frames but now that I'm remembering more details...
Hi again,

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep searching for you......... Smile

Cher
Hi again,

I wasn't able to find the name of this song, so I will opt out and leave your question open for other experts at this time.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Regards,
Cher
Thanks for trying
You're most welcome!

If I come across this info in the future, I'll be sure to let you know.

Cher

hello, do any other experts have any ideas?

Hi again,

If any other experts have an answer, they will post it here. Your question was moved back to the 'open' or 'available' question list, when I opted out, enabling other experts to see it. If you should receive no other answers, that would indicate that no other expert was able to find the information you are requesting.

Regards,
Cher
Cher
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT