Entertainment

Have Entertainment Questions? Ask an Expert

Entertainment

Did Natalie Wood sing all those songs on West Side Story or

Customer Question
Did Natalie Wood sing all...
Did Natalie Wood sing all those songs
on West Side Story or was it someone
else?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Entertainment
11/8/2010
Entertainment Expert: Martin, Engineer replied 7 years ago
Martin, Engineer
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. It was someone else, Natalie Wood was dubbed by Marni Nixon. The other actor Richard Beymer was also dubbed, by Jimmy Bryant.

Source: link

I'm 63 yeats old and didn't suspect dubbing of voices

in that movie for many years. Who was Jimmy Bryant?

He was this guy. That was and still is and will continue to be the entertainment industry, from Disney killing lemmings to the music group Milli Vanilli.
Martin, Engineer

What was the name of the French Female singer

who sang " La Gougermadish(Sp) "?

"La Gougermadish"? I speak French and i am not sure of what this is. Could you mean "La Gourmandise"? Any context about that one (i don't think you still refer to West Side Story?

I was corresponding with a french person by the name

of Pierre Jaubere(Spelling?) who claimed to be the

producer of the song "Dancing in the Moonlight". He sent

me a tape with with the french actress singing La Goumandise ( I

think you have correct spelling) and the english translation title

"Hold out the World". Does it make more sense? And no this does not

refer to West Side Story. Thank you for telling me about Marni Nixon - believe

it or not I've never heard of her even though I've heard her voice many times.

I looked up her albums and her songs and her voice mesmarized me. I

could listen to her all day! Anyway I hope I'm a little clearer of that french

song.

Pierre Jaubert was indeed co-producer of the album with "Dancing in the Moonlight". Only "La Gourmandise" song that come to my mind is this one by "La Compagnie Creole", but the signer is not an actress and Jaubert did not produced that. Perhaps with a sampling of the tape in mp3 i could be able to recognize her by voice as i watch lot of French cinema.

Edited by Martin on 11/9/2010 at 4:08 AM EST

Thank you very much, Martin, for all the good info and

re-introducing Marni Nixon to me. I'm going to enjoy many

hours listening to her angelic voice. As for the french

song I'll try to get it to you someway so you can hear it. It may be a while so

stay tune. Again thank you.

Martin, Engineer