How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Your Own Question
Tyler, Professional Musician
Category: Entertainment
Satisfied Customers: 6184
Experience:  B.M, M.M. Skilled in music theory, history and ear training.
Type Your Entertainment Question Here...
Tyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

You said. I can even check the fuses on the amplifier myself

Resolved Question:

You said. I can even check the fuses on the amplifier myself and see if they are all intact. How do I do that? Do I take the back of? Where is the fuse located on my organ. Will it be easily to get to.Will I be able to tell if the fuse need to be replaced if need to be. Rougely
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Tyler replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for requesting me! I'm currently at work and will get back to you later when I return home. Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What addition information do you need?
Expert:  Tyler replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your patience. You would have to take the back off to view the amplifiers. They are normally located at the very bottom of the organ and should look like a gray metal box. I know Colonnades were made in the 80's, but not sure if they were made before, so don't know exactly what vintage your model is. If the organ has vacuum tubes on top of the amplifier they will be easy to spot. When powering up the organ, the clear glass tubes will light up and glow. No glow=no go. That said, your organ may not have a tube amplifier, in which case you would have to open up the amp, which is where you get into some really tricky business. Should you attempt ANY of this, do make sure your organ is not plugged in. Safety first. If you do not have a tube amp I advise you to leave it alone and do not try to take it any further. As I was saying in a previous question you asked, a blown fuse on an amp can be just one of many issues that could be causing the problem on your organ. I strongly recommend contacting a Hammond technician to look over the organ. Electronic organs that are 30+ years old, just like most other things, need preventative maintenance to stay in good, playing shape. If it's a cost issue, give them a call, describe the problem and ask for an estimate. They might have to come out and visually inspect it before giving an estimate, but that should be free or of low cost. Again, Hammond technicians are a reputable and honest group of folks and you can trust them.

I stress that this is not a do-it-yourself type project--organs, regardless of age, are terribly complicated inside for people inexperienced with such things. Best of luck!

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!

Tyler and other Entertainment Specialists are ready to help you