Entertainment

Have entertainment questions? Ask an Expert online

On the show VHs Behind the Music, They did a story about the…

Customer Question
On the show VH's Behind...
On the show VH's Behind the Music, They did a story about the artist named Pink or Alecia Moor. They aired home footage of Alecia covering a song with her first band Middleground on what looked to be a high school stage. She was 15 and her mother said it was that performance that she knew her daughter was gifted. The song sounded like something Madonna wrote however I cant be sure. The chorus goes something like "You cant bring me down". I would simply like to know what the name of that song was and who wrote it please?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Entertainment
10/4/2009
Entertainment Expert: Jazz, Entertainment Fan replied 8 years ago
Jazz
Jazz, Entertainment Fan
Can you tell me approximately what year this show came out?
It just recently aired on VH1 last week. Behind the Music is the name of the show. It was a new episode filmed in 2009.

Is this the show you mean? It's old and I couldn't find anything newer:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159156/

Entertainment Expert: Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT replied 8 years ago
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT

You can see the whole show, here:

http://a3urbanmusic.com/2009/09/vh1-behind-the-music-pink-9172009/

I believe the song you're referring to, is by Mary J. Blige and it's called 'You Bring Me Joy".

If this is not it, please let me know and I will research further for you.

Cher

Edited by Cher on 10/5/2009 at 5:54 PM EST
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT

I was able to use the link you provided to locate the part of the show where she was singing the song. The song was Oh Father - By Madonna

I will send you the $$ for your help

thanks

Hello again,Customer and thanks for your reply and for your accept.

I'm glad the link I sent, helped. Please let me know if you have any future questions and you can begin your question with 'FOR CHER', so I'll be sure to see it and answer it, ASAP.

Cher

Edited by Cher on 10/10/2009 at 6:44 PM EST