Entertainment

Have entertainment questions? Ask an Expert online

james gammon did a play in 1954 possibly called toby trims…

Customer Question
james gammon did a play...
james gammon did a play in 1954 possibly called "toby trims a christmas tree and possibly by james otis   and possibly published by pierce publishing where can I get the script?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Entertainment
Relist: No answer yet.
Answered in 38 days by:
8/13/2009
Entertainment Expert: Edward Johnson, Amateur Entertainer replied 9 years ago
Edward Johnson
Edward Johnson, Amateur Entertainer
<p>Dear Thedrb,</p><p> </p><p>Thank you for your question. These kinds of questions are very hard because peoples memories, change the information. No matter how perfectly they remember it is not quite the same.</p><p> </p><p>I am willing to give this a try.</p><p> </p><p>this is a start.</p><p> </p><p>Are you talking about: Toby Belfer Never had a Christmas tree? </p><p> </p><p>My sorces do not credit James Otis with a play with the name of christmas tree or toby in them. and none as old as 1954.   Perhpas we are not thinking of the correct James Otis. The play right I am thinking of is "James Otis (purdy). Purdy penned under Otis for much of his work.</p><p> </p><p>In addition, My source for James Gammon does not show stage work in 1954.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
sorry, this question was from my neighbor who I JUST called and he feels the info is correct.
This is for an old friend of his who was in the play back in the old days. His friend is dying of cancer.Frown