Entertainment

Have entertainment questions? Ask an Expert online

How do i get off the Pillar of Autumn

Customer Question
?...
How do i get off the Pillar of Autumn ?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Entertainment
2/23/2009
Entertainment Expert: Timothy, Novelist replied 9 years ago
Timothy
Timothy, Novelist
I'm assuming that you are playing Halo for Xbox. The following is what I've found in my research. It's been a while since I've played that great game. Enjoy.

After the movie scene, you will find yourself inside the cryo-tube. Follow the on-screen
instructions to get used to the controls and gameplay. This part is pretty straightforward
and self-explanatory, so let's move on. You will hear a fellow soldier screaming following
an explosion. Of course, there is something wrong. You will be told to find Captain Keyes,
so follow the "instructor" out of the testing room.

>>Find Captain Keyes on the Bridge

Once you are out of the room, the "instructor" will run forward. Follow him, but be
sure to stay a few feet away from him. The door will automatically open and there will
be a big explosion. Hopefully you didn't get hurt. Now you are all alone. Turn around
and to your right you will see some pipes and a red flashing light. Jump (A) over the pipes
and head right through the next door. You will see some smoke on the other end so be
cautious. There will be another explosion. Stick to the left and pass through the door.
To your left you will see some fellow soldiers and some guns being fired. Duck (press and
hold Left Thumbstick) through the opening and head right. Keep going forward until you
see a door and a big blue arrow underneath on your left. The area will be dark. Go to
the other door and step back when it opens. There will be an elite there waiting for you.
Stay covered until your allies take it out. Head left and make your way through until you
see some more soldiers fighting. Across from you will be a door with the big blue arrow
underneath. A soldier will be standing there. Go across and try not to get shot. The
soldier will guide you through the ship to the bridge. Follow him through the firefights.
Be aware of shots, they can hit you. Keep a watchout for grenades as there may be a few that
explode. Once the soldier stops, turn right and you will be in the control room. Go
forward to see Captain Keyes on the other side of the room and watch the movie scene.

>>Get off the Pillar of Autumn

Go back to the entrance of the room and to the left. After heading a few feet
forward, you will be equipped with a pistol. A few Grunts will be ahead of you
so be careful. You should be able to take them out easily without getting hurt. Go
forward through the next doorway and you will automatically be equipped with an
assualt rifle. Soldiers and Covenants will be exchanging rounds up ahead. Take
out the Elite and a couple of Grunts ahead. Use the benches for cover if you need
to. Turn right to encounter more Grunts and another Elite. Be aware of grenades and
again, use the benches for cover. Your health should still be full. If your shield is
down, let it recharge. Go forward and to the left to exit the cafeteria. A few Grunts
an Elite will greet you. Take out the Grunts in front and fire a few shots at the
Elite. The Elite will run off for cover. Before going after it, there is a
Grunt hiding behind the big object in the center of the room. Go around it and
take him out by surprise. Take a quick peek through the next hallway and fire at
the Elite. Strafe and shoot to avoid getting hurt. There is a medical kit on the wall
if you need it. Once the Elite is eliminated, proceed through the hallway. Go left and
be careful at the next turn. There is an Elite on your right and some marines on the
other side. Fire at the Elite and it shouldn't be too hard. Go forward and the ground
will shake. Head forward through the right and left. You should see some marines at
a doorway to the left. Go forward a bit and a grenade will explode sending the marines
enter the air. Covenant will start gushing out of this area. A few Grunts will come
out first following an Elite. I recommend you take out the Grunts while hiding from
the Elite's fire. Hopefully it will run off to the next area. Watch out for another
Elite and some more Grunts. Take them all out and look through the small tunnel the
Covenant came from. Go into it and pick up an overshield, which can be quite useful.
Proceed to the next areas smoking anyone you see. Go through the dark area and you
will see some marines up ahead. Don't go to them, instead, take a right to pick out
the Grunt. Carefully make your way through and take out the many Grunts and a couple
of Elites. If you find that it is too intense, I recommend you retreat back to where
you saw the marines. You will be able to hide for cover there while you take out the
Covenant. Head forward and you will see a doorway and a medical kit on the wall. Take
out the Grunts nearby and proceed through the hallway. Keep going until you see a dark
area to your left and a straight path. Choose any one, as you will face a few Grunts
and an Elite either way. Proceed to take out another load of Covenant using the
obstacles as cover. Be aware of grenades. Once they are all killed, you can pick up
another overshield in the tunnel to your right if your old one has been depleted.
Proceed to another dark area with flames. Duck under the opening and be careful as
you head forward. Take out the Covenant taking serious cover, as they come through
various enterances. Kill each one, making sure they are all dead. Keep going and grab
the medical kit on your left if you need it. It would also be wise to backtrack to
the other overshield you picked up earlier. Go through to find a set of stairs and
marines shooting at the Covenant above them. Try to take out most of the
Covenant from below, including the two Elite, which may be difficult. Make your way
up and kill whatever is left. There will be another set of Covenant. Once they are all
take care of, go to where the marines are and fire at the Covenant. You assault rifle
should be pretty good in ammo. If it runs out at any time, switch to a Plasma Rifle
from a fallen Elite or Grunt. Take out the Elite and Grunts ahead and keep on going.
You will see many Grunt and round shield type thing up ahead. Take care of the Grunt.
An Elite is hiding behind the shield so be careful. Keep going and you will hear
explosions.There will be a medical kit on the ground if you need it. You will enter
an area full of lifeboats. Go forward and take out the Grunts. A Nav Point will appear.
Follow it (pretty linear) into a small doorway. Turn on your flashlight and make the
first left. Follow the path to the exit. The problem is, Cortana says that you are too
close. So turn around and make the first left you see to exit. You will see a half
broken door. Use a melee attack (B) to knock it down. Turn off your flashlight now.
The next area is tough either way you go. Hide for cover and take out the two Elite
after the Grunts. Go forward and if you are going the right way, there is a medical
kit. Grab it and head forward. Go past the room similar to the one you met Captain
Keyes in. Go through the hallway. Keep shooting ahead. Don't go into the room yet,
just keep shooting until the Elite is dead and/or there is an explosion. Now enter
the room and take a few shots at the Grunts, and go back. There should be another
explosion. Kill whatever is left and go forward. There will be another explosion
behind you. Enter the small doorway and turn on your flashlight. Take care of the
Grunt on your first right and also be aware of the one one your next left. Go
forward and take the next right to exit. There will many Covenant here so be
careful. Sneak a peak and shoot. Run back into the tunnel. Keep repeating this process
until there is no one in sight. Now go ahead to the right and take care of what else is
left. Go back behind the alien shield thing and grab a medical kit if needed. Proceed to
where you last killed the aliens. Hide behind the pillar and use the scope of your
pistol to take out everyone from afar. Kill everyone and take out everyone in the
hallway to your immediate right. Enter another system of tunnels under the green arrow
of "Maintennance." Kill everyone here, which includes a red Elite. Enter the lifeboat
on your right to finish the level.