How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor Yo...
Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor
Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor, Entertainment Industry Executive
Category: Entertainment
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Entertainment Consultant 25 yrs. Record labels. PR firm. Published Writer. World Traveler.
Type Your Entertainment Question Here...
Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please help, need entertainment legal guidence!!

This answer was rated:

I just joined a band from the United States who is signed to Universal (a lable), and is now trying to reach to international audiences. We have just incountered a minor problem with my age (19) with our international lables. They were verifying if all of us were 21. My band has replied, that I am not, and are awaiting a reply. I am no where near familiar with the laws in this area and am scared to death to lose my place in the band's line up. So help me sleep, and give me whatever info you have PLEASE! thank you.
In my experience they are usually concerned for when the group does shows at venues where anyone who enters must be 21 or older. We've gotten around it in the past, by ensuring in writing that the underage member would leave directly after the show, and would not go out into the club or venue area, but stay backstage in the dressing room. There are many underage performers in the world, and it's always possible to work things out. I hope that the labels will consider alternatives and not reject you simply because of your age. As I said, we've worked it out in the past with independent labels.

Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor and other Entertainment Specialists are ready to help you