Entertainment

Have Entertainment Questions? Ask an Expert

Entertainment

How many tickets for madonnas sticky and sweet tourhave been

Customer Question
How many tickets for madonna's...
How many tickets for madonna's sticky and sweet tourhave been sold in each city she will perform in?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Entertainment
Answered in 1 day by:
8/29/2008
Entertainment Expert: Jan, Book/TV/Movie/Media Consumer replied 9 years ago
Jan
Jan, Book/TV/Movie/Media Consumer

HelloCustomer

Her tour will include 55 shows at North American, South American, and European venues ( http://www.mad-eyes.net/tours/sticky-and-sweet-tour/details.htm ), although 2nd shows may be added if they are popular enough. Only 42 shows have tickets on sale as of July 2008. According to ticketnews.com July 2008 information, here are the statistics for ticket sales so far

http://www.ticketnews.com/Sticky-Sweet-indeed-Madonna-ticket-sales-could-reach-two-fifty-million7891234 :

"Most shows already sold out and likely all will be virtually sold out when all is said and done," Live Nation Artists CEO Global Touring and Chairman Global Music Arthur Fogel told TicketNews. "We're already at 90 percent of all total tour capacity sold."

According to Live Nation, Madonna has already sold more than 1 million tickets for the tour with just 42 shows on sale. She opens with 17 shows in Europe, followed by 28 in North America, two in Mexico City and eight in South America. Thirteen shows have not gone on sale yet: three in Europe, two in the U.S. and all eight in South America (four in Brazil, two in Argentina and two in Chile), which will take place from December 3-21. Athens, Greece went on sale last week and immediately sold out.

Tickets have been selling like hot cakes in most markets: Paris (110,000 tickets); Mexico City (100,000); Lisbon (75,000); Zurich (70,000); Athens (67,000); New York (64,500); London (64,000); Rome (51,000); Vancouver (50,000); and Amsterdam (47,000). Despite the numbers, the tour has received some criticism over a perception of slow ticket sales.

“Ticket sales are everything I could hope for and once again those that doubt Madonna are proven wrong," Fogel said. "The doubters might want to spend time worrying about their own business because mine is as good as it gets”

There are some tickets still available for the four of the five stadium shows in North America; Vancouver sold out 48,000 tickets in 50 minutes for a gross of $5.7 million; San Diego has sold 30,200 out of 35,000 seats and has grossed $4.2 million so far; Miami has sold 35,600 out of 42,000 for $4.1 million; Los Angeles 29,300 out of 43,000 for $3.9 million; and Houston 41,000 out of 45,000 for $4.8 million. It should be noted that three arena shows are generally equivalent to one stadium concert, attendance-wise, thus Madonna is outselling double nights in these arenas. "We're selling a few hundred tickets every few days," advised Fogel.

In addition, there are still some seats in the venues where second shows were added: Oakland, Denver, Chicago and Las Vegas, and there are also a few singles seats in arenas in Philadelphia, Atlantic City and Atlanta.

On August 22, a 2nd show was added to the Chile concert. On August 27, a 2nd show was added to the Sao Paulo concert. The addition of 2nd shows will drive the ticket sale statistics higher on a daily basis.

Here's more sales information (http://absolutemadonna.com/?p=714):

With more than 70,000 tickets sold for the Sticky & Sweet Zurich Show at the Military Airfield Dubendorf on August 30th, Lisbon’s 75,000 tickets sold and 50,000 tickets sold for her Vancouver dates and four Madison Square Garden shows sold out in New York City in addition to the nearby Izod Center in East Rutherford for a total of 65,000 New York area tickets sold, Madonna has sold more than 1 Million tickets thus far on her global tour.

I hope this is what you were looking for. Please let me know if you have questions about anything I've provided. Note that ticket sales are going to fluctuate and increase on a daily basis. Thanks for letting me help you.

Jan

Jan
Jan
Jan, Book/TV/Movie/Media Consumer